Heart of the Swarm Intro Cinematic Released

Subject: General Tech | January 23, 2013 - 03:49 AM |
Tagged: starcraft 2, Heart of the Swarm

It will be almost three years after the release of Wings of Liberty for Starcraft 2 to receive its first expansion pack. Sure, it received a number of free boosters with maps, and there's enough good third-party content that I rarely find myself playing the base game anymore – but this adds to the story.

And now we can see a little more of what they have planned for this story – outside of the leaked ending of course. Trollolol.

I must say: this is one of my favorite pre-rendered cutscenes from Blizzard from a technical standpoint. The video really adds mechanical feel and a sense of scale to the siege tanks and the vikings. From a story side of things: somewhere between typical and stereotypical. Still, I will not spoil it for those who have not pushed the big play button above. I think it is worth your time.

Heart of the Swarm will arrive for Windows and Mac on March 12th, 2013.

Source: Blizzard
January 23, 2013 | 04:03 AM - Posted by DeadOfKnight (not verified)

Old

January 23, 2013 | 04:03 AM - Posted by DeadOfKnight (not verified)

Old

January 23, 2013 | 04:19 AM - Posted by Humanitarian

Make us a SC movie please Blizzard! I'd watch the fucking shit outa that!

January 23, 2013 | 05:11 AM - Posted by amadsilentthirst

Indeed, as a movie I would enjoy it, but as a game not really my thing, troop management in a top down view is like a boring puzzle game to me.

January 23, 2013 | 08:39 AM - Posted by DeadOfKnight (not verified)

Boring puzzle game? It's in real time dude.

January 26, 2013 | 01:41 PM - Posted by orvtrebor

They really do solid work on the cut scenes.

Sc2 is one of those games I wish I enjoyed playing, but I could never get into it. It always felt tedious rather than fun to me.

In all fairness to the game I do suck at it :)