Happy Global Operations Day
Subject: General Tech | August 22, 2012 - 05:48 PM | Jeremy Hellstrom
Tagged: Counter-Strike, global operations, steam, gaming
Somehow, after years of it existing as a free mod and then a part of a bundle not only are their people that still want to play Counter-Strike, they are willing to pay for the pleasure. If you want to enjoy Counter-Strike Global Operations then you ought to get playing soon, before the hacks become available to everyone and the language in the chat hits rock bottom. In fact, if you have purchased the game on Steam there is a good chance that it will be the game of choice after the PC Perspective Podcast tonight. If you are on the fence, GameSpot put up a quick overview of the game here.
"Global Operations, a putative Counter-Strike killer by Barking Dog Studios, is kind of like having to eat a banana split with your hands--just because it's a little sloppy doesn't mean it isn't still good. The game is primarily a team-based tactical shooter, combining Counter-Strike's system for cash rewards and equipment purchases, Rogue Spear's real-world settings and large weapon selection, and Return to Castle Wolfenstein's character classes and objective-based maps. For good measure, the developers have added some innovative ideas of their own to this mix. The game did ship in an unpolished state and suffers from demanding bandwidth requirements and a severe lack of servers. However, these problems are generally overshadowed by the simple fact that when everything comes together, Global Operations is one of the deepest and most satisfying multiplayer tactical shooters currently available."
Here is some more Tech News from around the web:
- The Secret World Gaming and Performance Review @Hi Tech Legion
- The Rebirth of PC Gaming - Bring on the Modders! @ Techgage
- Microsoft Windows 8 Gaming Performance @ techPowerUp
- Rockstar teases with Grand Theft Auto V vehicles @ The Inquirer
- Valve readying beta of Big Picture Mode for Steam @ HEXUS
- Battlefield 3's Armoured Kill Looks Like Quite The Thing @ Rock, Paper, SHOTGUN
- Risen 2 on Xbox 360 @ The Inquirer
- Kingdom Hearts: Dream Drop Distance Nintendo 3DS @ Tweaktown
- Risen 2: Dark Waters Review (Xbox 360) @ Kitguru
Get notified when we go live!