Go go gadget Google tricks!
Subject: General Tech | February 28, 2007 - 09:36 AM | Jeremy Hellstrom
So you figure you've got Google down, eh? Mastered the advanced search page, joined a few groups via your Gmail account, and used Boolean operators in your searches, and now you know all you need to know?
OCModShop will set you straight with this article on more advanced and lesser known tools. For instance, did you know if you email a search query as the subject line from your cellphone to firstname.lastname@example.org, you will get a mail back with the top 10 results? Did you know Google Voice Search exists? Drop by to see if you really do know about all that Google has to offer.
"Google is a great general-purpose search engine, and is so popular that many people refer to searching for something on the
Internet as "Googling". Ubiquitous as it is, many people do not know the full power of what Google offers, or even how to
extract every once of granularity from their standard Google searches. With over 3 billion pages in Google's index, you need to
know how to refine those searches down to a manageable number. Google's default search option is beyond simple (a single text
input box), but several options can open up this simple input to a remarkably powerful tool that enhances your Internet
exploitation. Here is a look at some of Google's lesser-known tools."
Here is some more Tech News from around the web:
- First Dynamically Balancing Biped
Robot @ Slashdot
- The winner of the VIA EPIA 5th
Birthday EPIA mod competition has been announced
- Upcoming PHP release
will offer Unicode support @ NewsForge
- Working PCIe 2.0 demonstrated @ The
- Intel to adjust CPU pricing @ DigiTimes
- Windows adds 'maybe pirate' category @ CNET
- Researchers make tricorder a reality, sort of @ CNET
- iPhone: Mobile OS X at its
Finest @ OSWeekly
- Fedora Linux Leaves Its
Users Behind? @ OSWeekly
- The Terrible State
of WiFi in Linux @ OSWeekly
- Self-Executing Application Installers in Linux: Yay
or Nay? @ MadPenguin
- Apple Ready to Kill OS X? @ CoolTechZone
- Samsung NV10 Digital Camera
Review @ XYZ Computing
- Playing with Windows Vista @ 3DChip
- Storm Worm variant targets blogs, bulletin boards @ CNET
- Podcast: A new twist in the low-cost PC debate @ CNET
- NeoDigits Helios H4000 DVD Player Review @
- Windows Vista Top 10 Tips and Tricks @ BTX Form Factor
Get notified when we go live!