Gentlemen, start your graphics engine; comparing GPU performance in F1 2011
Subject: General Tech | September 28, 2011 - 11:28 AM | Jeremy Hellstrom
[H]ard|OCP tested F1 2011, the latest and greatest racing sim which supports DX11 and should be a way for new graphics cards to show off their stuff. On the block are NVIDIA's GTX 580, 570 and 560Ti along with AMD's HD6970, 6950 and 6870 paired with the stalwart Intel Core i7 920. As their testing showed, the game did not end up stressing the GPUs as much as they thought the game would and summed up their testing with "If you're going to play F1 2011 on a 30", 2560x1600 or 1080p monitor, you don't need anything more expensive than an AMD Radeon HD 6950 or an NVIDIA GeForce GTX 570."
"F1 2011 was just recently released, this new game supports DX11 out-of-the-box, and is based on the newer EGO 2.0 game engine, but that may not mean it's all that graphically intense. We test performance on six of today's video cards so you will know what to expect in terms of performance. Comparing to F1 2010, we found some surprises."
Here is some more Tech News from around the web:
- Battlefield 3 beta: measured, tense gameplay hidden inside frustrating interface @ Ars Technica
- Battlefield 3 BETA : Performance Preview, Screenshots and HD video walkthrough @ VR-Zone
- Fate of the Pharaoh @ eTeknix
- F1 2011 (PC) Review @ Techgage
- Gears of War 3 @ ThinkComputers
- Counter-Strike: Global Offensive Preview @ kitguru
- Fallout New Vegas: Lonesome Road DLC Review @ HardwareHeaven
- The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Eurogamer Preview @ kitguru
- Warhammer 40K: Space Marine @ kitguru
- Pray Tell: A Prey 2 Interview @ Rock, Paper, SHOTGUN
- Driver: San Francisco @ Rock, Paper, SHOTGUN
- Deus Ex: The Other Prequel @ Rock, Paper, SHOTGUN
- PES 2012 - Taking multiplayer to new heights @ HEXUS
- Burnout Crash! @ kitguru
- ICO & Shadow of the Colossus Classic HD Collection Game Review (PS3) @ HardwareHeaven
- NHL 12 Xbox 360 @ Tweaktown
Get notified when we go live!