Is Firefox 2.0 a little early
Subject: General Tech | October 23, 2006 - 12:13 PM | Jeremy Hellstrom
FireFox 2.0 is supposed to be released tomorrow, but the sharp eyes at [H]ard|OCP have spotted what looks like an early release. Nothing on the main firefox page mentions it, but if you can't wait for a non-RC FireFox any longer you can try out the download.
"There is no word on the official Firefox site yet but Mozilla is hosting a new Firefox 2.0 download that is not designated as a 'release
candidate'. There is a version for Windows and a version for Linux available so far. I would exercise a bit of caution before using this
version until you hear something official from Mozilla and the Firefox team. Adventurous souls can start downloading now."
Here is some more Tech News from around the web:
- Hacking MySpace: Marquees and Slideshows @
- Microsoft's antivirus battles: not Netscape
part II @ Ars Technica
- Xbox Live Vision @ [H]ard|OCP
- NGOHQ's Survey Shows Radeon 9x00 Still On
- PlayStation 3 Shipment figures @ Strategy
- Passion for Windows: Does it Exist? @
- A Day in the Life of a Vista Developer
- The Twisted Definition of Open Source @
- Motorola KRZR K1m Review @ Digital Trends
- The Ultimate Geek Comforter @ The TechZone
- New Free Give Away At Motherboards.Org
- WinSAT: Vista's Embedded Benchmarking Tool @ ExtremeMHz
- Overclockers Online Birthday Contest Update
- Intel in grave trouble, say unreliable sources @ HEXUS
- Interview with PowerColor's Raymen Wu @
Get notified when we go live!