Fancy a preview of the Samsung Galaxy S5?
Subject: General Tech | March 28, 2014 - 02:48 PM | Jeremy Hellstrom
Tagged: Samsung, galaxy s5
Some lucky Aussies at The Register sweet talked their way into a Samsung Galaxy S5 and have put together a brief preview for your reading pleasure. There are many new features you will someday be able to use, even if El Reg couldn't quite test them yet. There is a battery saving mode which should help road warriors and a fingerprint sensor which is touted to work with NFC to turn your S5 into a replacement for your credit cards so you don't have to carry them with you. There is more to see in the article, including the Galaxy Gear Neo smartwatch.
"This time around Samsung is keen on its battery-saving mode, IP67 rating and, once again, fitness features. Samsung Australia personnel swore blind all of those features were designed for an “Aussie lifestyle”. Because down here we all go to the beach every day, a supposition only slightly less believable than the notion that an S5 design meeting considered how to optimise sales in a nation of 23 million."
Here is some more Tech News from around the web:
- Trying Out & Benchmarking The DigitalOcean Cloud @ Phoronix
- HDD vendors promoting ultra-slim models @ DigiTimes
- Microsoft CEO Nadella launches Office for iPad, now live in the Apple App Store @ The Inquirer
- BlackBerry 10 given top-level clearance by Department of Defense @ The Inquirer
- Microsoft aims at global shipments of 25 million Windows tablets in 2014, say Taiwan makers @ DigiTimes
- PAPAGO! P2 Pro Dashcam @ eTeknix
- PAPAGO! P3 Dashcam @ Benchmark Reviews
- Terminator-maker 'Cyberdyne Inc' lists on Tokyo stock exchange @ The Register
Get notified when we go live!