Fancy a peek at the Diablo III beta?
Subject: General Tech | April 4, 2012 - 01:34 PM | Jeremy Hellstrom
Tagged: gaming, diablo iii
While we cannot offer you a way to get into the beta, it is possible to show off a game play movie made by Slashdot, or two. The release of this gaming is fast approaching with just over a month to the May 15th release date ... assuming no more delays occur. From the video we learn that the developers have made the stats autolevel so that players do not have to worry about breaking their character with poor stat choices. Many skills will be tied to the equipment you are wearing and so will not be a permanent choice, swapping your equipment will change your skills. Hopefully Slashdot is right when they state the developers spent a lot of time toning down the tedium and raising the level of fun.
"It's been almost four years since Diablo 3 was announced, and its development began years earlier. Its predecessors helped define the action RPG genre, so anticipation is high among fans of the franchise. The game has undergone closed beta testing since September, and a lot has changed since then. Now that Blizzard has settled on May 15th as a release date, we thought this would be a good time to take a look at the state of the game as it currently exists. These two videos show actual gameplay of the various classes, explain the skill and rune systems, take a look at the auction house, and go over many of the other changes since the beginning of development."
Here is some more Tech News from around the web:
- THQ fires 118 developers, shifts focus of Warhammer 40K MMO to single-player @ Ars Technica
- Microsoft Flight (Free-to-Play) PC Review @ eTeknix
- Armored Core V @ The Inquirer
- Wot I Think: Legend Of Grimrock @ Rock, Paper, SHOTGUN!
- Hands On: Borderlands 2 @ Rock, Paper, SHOTGUN!
- When 'Free-to-Play' Becomes a Money Game @ Techgage
- Ridge Racer Unbounded (XBOX 360) Review @ HardwareHeaven
- Devil May Cry HD Collection (XBOX 360) Game Review @ HardwareHeaven
Get notified when we go live!