DX11 to beam up Captain
Subject: General Tech | January 18, 2012 - 07:24 PM | Jeremy Hellstrom
Tagged: gaming, star trek online
Gaming news is a little light this week, partially because of CES coverage eating up most reviewers time but also because some review sites are blacked out today in protest of SOPA/PIPA. However, [H]ard|OCP has something for Trekkies to check out. They are in on the DX11 beta for Star Trek Online which allows those using mid or high end features to enjoy more eye candy when playing. They take you through the steps to enable DX11 as it is not going to be enabled by default as well as checking the quality improvements and any impact on frame rates. If you are on this MMORPG it is an article well worth checking out.
"Star Trek Online has recently added DX11 Beta support, and we wanted to know how AMD's latest Radeon HD 7970 compared to NVIDIA's GeForce GTX 580 in the game and if DX11 provided any kind of performance difference over DX9. Our results were not what we expected."
Here is some more Tech News from around the web:
- World of Tanks Competition Settings @ Benchmark Reviews
- Wired’s Most Anticipated Games of 2012 @ Wired
- The Darkness 2, PC specs, demo and release date @ HEXUS
- Diablo 3 no official release date and not confirmed for consoles @ HEXUS
- Star Wars: The Old Republic @ Esapist
- Blackout @ Rock, Paper, SHOTGUN