Crysis returns to its abusive roots

Subject: General Tech | March 14, 2013 - 10:57 AM |
Tagged: gaming, Crysis 3

While the actual content of the game might not live up to the original the hardware requirements certainly do, [H]ard|OCP reports that "no single-GPU video card tested today able to play it at the highest in-game settings at 2560x1600".  For those gaming at a mere 1080p you will be able to max out settings on AMD or NVIDIA's top single GPU cards.  It is not just about the resolution, this iteration of CryEngine features four different anti-aliasing technologies to choose from, each with their own benefits and costs.  Check out [H]'s review to see the screenshots of the various settings as well as estimating the kind of performance your system can achieve.

"We have a full-look at Crysis 3 with the new patch that just released. We take it through its paces on eight GPU configurations. We find out what's playable, how it performs apples-to-apples. We look at all the AA modes compared in performance and image quality, and we find out if this game is a step forward for PC gaming, or a step backward."

Here is some more Tech News from around the web:

Gaming

Source: [H]ard|OCP
March 14, 2013 | 11:53 AM - Posted by mLocke

no adjustable FOV + no benchmark mode = not a real PC game.

March 14, 2013 | 07:19 PM - Posted by John Doe (not verified)

Uhm, yeah.

Just because you don't have adjustable FOV and a benchmark mode doesn't make the game is not 'real'. That is just your pure opinion.

Regardless, Crysis 2 came out as a console game and this one is just milking it.

March 14, 2013 | 07:34 PM - Posted by ThorAxe

I'm playing it through again and I think it's as good a shooter on the PC as you can get and has some very large outdoor areas. If this was any other game it would be hailed as a masterpiece.

March 14, 2013 | 07:39 PM - Posted by John Doe (not verified)

Masterprice my ass.

Play Warhead and see how Crysis should be done.

If you think a few open areas alone are enough to make a game masterpiece, then you are FAR from being accurate.

March 14, 2013 | 10:03 PM - Posted by ThorAxe

I have played Warhead all the way through close to a dozen times and loved it.

You are just jumping on the hipster "let's hate Crysis 3" bandwagon. I'd be surprised if you have even played it to the end.

I think Scott wrote this for you: http://techreport.com/blog/24434/those-next-gen-games-yeah-one-just-arrived

March 14, 2013 | 10:27 PM - Posted by John Doe (not verified)

I have absolutely no idea who Scott is and don't give a rats ass about it.

I still play Painkiller and the level design I have never seen such level design in a game in my lifetime. The levels are designed after Polish creations.

I just enjoy bunnyhopping all around PK maps while you are playing that shitty ass console game.

LOL I am so over you.

March 14, 2013 | 11:29 PM - Posted by ThorAxe

Ah... I thought I recognized the acerbic tone. You're the luddite that gave Josh a hard time about the AMD APUs.

Why don't you bugger off to some other site and take your uninformed, teenage vitriol with you.

March 15, 2013 | 01:16 AM - Posted by John Doe (not verified)

You need this: