Could AMD be making a mistake?
Subject: General Tech | October 6, 2006 - 08:47 AM | Jeremy Hellstrom
This HEXUS article could be a conversational hand grenade. They are wondering if the inroads that AMD has made into corporate servers, and having Dell build systems around AMD processors displays a change in direction from AMD. Intel's Core 2 Duo is the PC enthusiast's choice, and AMD doesn't seem to be doing much in response.
"AMD appears to be almost completely neglecting its consumer market in an effort to make inroads into the corporate and enterprise market.
The cost to AMD could be catastrophic."
Here is some more Tech News from around the web:
- Microsoft to patch critical Windows, Office flaws @ CNET
- iPod + Linux = Portable Linux? @
- Windows Viruses on OS X: When will it
Happen? @ OSWeekly
- The State of Security Threats on
Web Browsers @ OSWeekly
- A Viable iTunes Clone for Linux @ MadPenguin
- OS X in the Corporate World: Will it Ever Happen? @ CoolTechZone
- Sony VAIO R: Two Monsters-in-One @
- Too Human skips X06 event @ Strategy Informer
- Mt. Rainier: Is It Necessary? @ The TechZone
- ATI dives into stream computing @ The Tech
- 10 Reasons YouTube Can Survive and Prosper @ Digital
- Samsung i320N Mobile Phone @ Hardware Zone
- Neoseeker Mystique 632 Halloween Giveaway and Review
- Pandora Town Hall Meeting @ The Tech
Get notified when we go live!