Subject: General Tech | June 25, 2007 - 08:34 AM | Jeremy Hellstrom
There are rumours of bankruptcy surround Connect3D, a company that has produced ATI cards in the past, and was indicated to be a major partner for AMD. The US site is no longer up, although there are links to sites Great Britain, Poland and Germany which are still active. Keep an eye on The Tech Report's coverage of this story here.
"Bankruptcy rumors are swirling around long-time ATI/AMD graphics card partner Connect3D. We received an e-mail
yesterday from a reader who claimed to have been "desperately" trying to get in touch with the company for the past
four months without success. Indeed, the firm's U.S. website has been reduced to a domain parking page, and its U.S.
phone number yields a "this number has been disconnected or is no longer in service" message. Efforts to contact PR
staff were similarly unsuccessful. Calling Connect3D's UK number (obtained via their international website) did get us
in touch with a nice British lady from Connect Components, but she was unable to tell us anything about Connect3D other
than that their U.S. office is supposedly having phone line troubles."
Here is some more Tech News from around the web:
- Dead LAN & Frozen Mice In Windows
Vista Rev. 2.0 @ TechARP
- Corsair Interview @
- Experts Oppose Classifying
Gaming Addiction As Mental Disorder @ Slashdot
- Giving your
passwords the finger: a review of fingerprint scanners @ Ars Technica
- Million Man LAN 6 Overview and Interview with Burden
@ LAN Addict
- iPhone Launch: Crazier Than PS3, Xbox 360 and Wii @ CoolTechZone
and Linux Join Forces for Google OS @ OSWeekly
- Microsoft, Linux Distros Get Cozy: Let's Get Scared @ OSWeekly
WWDC Continues to Disappoint @ OSWeekly
- Display Controls and Linux: Poor
Combination @ MadPenguin
- Sony HDR-HC7 HD Camcorder Review @
- Kinc pushes 2900 XT CrossFire to a new 3DMark 05 world record - 34,126 points @ NordicHardware
- A Letter to AMD’s CEO @ NGOHQ
- AH-64 Apache RC Helicopter from HobbyTron @ DragonSteelMods
- COMPUTEX 2007
Spotlight - ANTEC @ Futurelooks
Get notified when we go live!