Congratulations, your SHIELD has been upgraded to the next level
Subject: General Tech | April 9, 2014 - 06:59 PM | Jeremy Hellstrom
Tagged: gaming, nvidia, shield
If you own NVIDIA's SHIELD then you may have noticed an over the air upgrade notification recently which you should take advantage of. Legit Reviews have assembled a look at the features you get from this upgrade, from broader access to GameStream from both your SHIELD and from any PC with a modern NVIDIA GPU to a new OS, KitKat 4.4.2. Check out how well NVIDIA implemented these updates in the full article.
"The NVIDIA SHIELD is potentially the next evolution of mobile gaming. The SHIELD in a nutshell is a blend of mobile android devices, PC gaming, and console gaming. When the NVIDIA SHIELD first came out last year, it was carrying a price tag of $299, eventually that dropped to $249 and that remains the current price for the SHIELD. Though for right now through the end of April NVIDIA has lowered the price to $199 to celebrate the latest and greatest over the air update that we announced last week here."
Here is some more Tech News from around the web:
- Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel Confirmed @ [H]ard|OCP
- Titanfall Performance Boost: NVIDIA R337 Drivers @ Benchmark Reviews
- Hotline Miami 2: Wrong Number trailer released ahead of PAX East @ HEXUS
- What’s Up With Warframe? @ Rock, Paper, SHOTGUN
- Yikes: GameSpy Shutdown Will Affect A Lot Of Games @ Rock, Paper, SHOTGUN
- You’re Going To Need A Bigger Aircraft Carrier, Battlefield 4 @ Rock, Paper, SHOTGUN