Chris Roberts is making something new for space jockeys
Subject: General Tech | September 12, 2012 - 02:44 PM | Jeremy Hellstrom
Tagged: wing commander, gaming
If the name Chris Roberts doesn't immediately fill your mind with fond memories, you obviously never watched the credits of a Wing Commander game. He was the creator of the Wing Commander universe and the cut scenes featuring real actors instead of CGI. He has announced that he is working on something, though the actual details are fairly slim. We know it will be a space sim, but whether it will take place in the Wing Commander universe, if it will be mission based or open like Freelancer or if he is planning on unveiling something completely new is unknown. Either way it is a win for space sim fans and gamers who appreciate the quality of story line and extras that he is famous for. Check out Rock,. Paper, SHOTGUN for links to his new site.
In the mean time, if you haven't tried the full conversion FreeSpace 2 mod Wing Commander Saga yet you can occupy yourself until we know a bit more.
"This is something of an announcement of an announcement but it does contain information relevant to simulated spacefarers everywhere. Gather them together before the screen and allow them to gaze on the website for Roberts Space Industries. Here’s one of the things it says on the site."
Here is some more Tech News from around the web:
- CS:GO Review - It doesnt get more thorough than this @ Hardware Heaven
- Awite Guvner! Get Yer Indie Games ‘Ere: IndieGameStand @ Rock, Paper, SHOTGUN
- Dark Souls: Prepare to Die Edition @ Tweaktown
- Finally, An In-Built Way To Choose Steam Install Locations @ Rock, Paper, SHOTGUN
- Tekken Tag Tournament 2 (XBOX 360) Review @ HardwareHeaven
- Damage Inc - Pacific Squadron WWII Special Edition Xbox 360 Review @ eTeknix
- Transformers: Fall of Cybertron Review (PS3) @ Kitguru
Get notified when we go live!