Chris Roberts doesn't need no steenking console; Star Citizen is proudly PC only
Subject: General Tech | October 10, 2012 - 06:36 PM | Jeremy Hellstrom
Tagged: wing commander, gaming, star citizen, sqaudron 42
As mentioned a few weeks ago the brains behind Wing Commander, Privateer and Freelancer, Chris Roberts has a surprise brewing for PC gamers and today we have a name, a date and a trailer. Star Citizen will be a huge game with multiplayer support and what looks to be a persistent universe where your actions and the actions of other players will have an effect on the overall scope of the game, for instance the ability to find uncharted warp gates and sell your navigational data for profit to companies and other players. There will be a single player offline aspect as well, called Squadron 42, for those who want to muck up their universe on their very own. You can sign up as of 10.10.12 and donate money to the cause as the game is in pre-alpha and still needs a lot of money and time to finish. Help bring this space sim to fruition and support PC gaming at the same time. Keep an eye on Rock, Paper, SHOTGUN as they may someday release video of what they have seen, in the mean time the trailer is below.
"I’m sitting in a room, definitely not watching Wing Commander creator Chris Roberts playing a new Wing Commander game. No, it’s the brand new, totally original Star Citizen [the single player aspect of which is called Squadron 42, for some reason - Ed], and as I watch him fly a fighter with no resemblance whatsoever to the Raptor with a Broadsword turret out of a carrier’s launchbay and into the never before seen Vega Sector, I don’t for a second pause to notice how he totally isn’t flying past one of the Kilrathi’s asymmetric Dralthi fighters. Or anything else that might require an expensive license or getting into bed with EA."
Here is some more Tech News from around the web:
- Crytek shows Crysis 3 multiplayer with new modes @ The Tech Report
- Torchlight II Review: Now With More Multiplayer @ Techgage
- Hands-on: Far Cry 3 (Single-Player) @ Rock, Paper, SHOTGUN
- XCOM: Diary Of A Wimpy Squad #1 – Meet The Team @ Rock, Paper, SHOTGUN
- Dead or Alive 5 (PC) Game Review @ HardwareHeaven
- Borderlands 2 Xbox 360 and PC Review @ eTeknix
- The Basics of Multi-Monitor Gaming @ Techgage
- Borderlands 2 Review @ OCC
- Dishonored (PC) Video Review with Kaeyi Dream @ HardwareHeaven
- LittleBigPlanet (PS Vita) Game @ HardwareHeaven