Can you spot the difference between Windows 8
Subject: General Tech | June 1, 2012 - 11:51 AM | Jeremy Hellstrom
Tagged: win8, microsoft, release preview
The Developer Preview of Windows 8 has been around quite a while now, yesterday's release of the almost final version of Windows 8 is what is now creating the online buzz. Visually they indistinguishable, Metrosexual lucky Charms are still your main interface with a vastly increased amount of touch interface options for those who are using a device with that capacity. It also has an integral pop-up keyboard and a lock screen, making it incredibly similar to a smart phone. TechReviewSource did not delve below the surface to examine the technical changes to the OS but you can be assured that there will be information forthcoming on PCPer's front page in the near future. In the mean time take a look at some of the new interface options in TRS' article.
"This is an early look at Windows 8 Release Preview, Build 8400, installed on a slick and slim Samsung Series 9 ultrabook. Our take on the latest publicly available version of the next Microsoft operating system follows, but at the outset you should realize one thing: In appearance, it's nearly identical to the Consumer Preview released late last February."
Here is some more Tech News from around the web:
- Welcome to the Benchmarking Sweatshop @ The Tech Report
- Vint Cerf and Google want a .lol domain @ The Inquirer
- Oracle will roll out cloudy services next week – Ellison @ The Register
- Microsoft hands out tools to sneak Skype onto new PCs @ The Register
- Newer Technology Power2U (USB Wall Power) @ Tweaktown
- Canon PowerShot SX150 IS Review @ TechReviewSource
- Win a Gigabyte G1 Sniper M3 Board with GB and KG