Can you spare $14K for a curvaceous LCD?
April 29, 2013 - 04:38 PM | Jeremy Hellstrom
You thought 72"+ HD panels and 4K TVs were expensive? Wait until you get a load of the price tag attached to the first curved OLED displays which will hit the market in South Korea for a mere $13,569; each. At just 4.3mm thick and 17lbs they won't be hard to position in your home, if you can afford the asking price of one, let alone the three you would need to get proper multi-monitor performance. The Inquirer begged for an official release date and price for the UK and were disappointed as are those in North America who have been waiting for these for several years now.
"SOUTH KOREAN ELECTRONICS FIRM LG has announced that it will launch the world's first curved OLED TV this summer, pipping rival Samsung to the post to take the lead in OLED technology."
Here is some more Tech News from around the web:
- Chromebook hack controls your television @ Hack a Day
- McAfee discovers Adobe Reader security flaw @ The Inquirer
- The NVIDIA Control Panel Memory Leak Problem @ TechARP
- Online Hitchhiker's Guide Thriving @ Slashdot
- Lenovo deal to buy IBM x86 server biz moving along fast @ The Register
- Video footage from inside AMD boardroom meeting @ Kitguru
- Spring Storm Preparedness - A Look At Energizer & Maglite LED Flashlights @ Legit Reviews
- Instant Recovery / Snapshot Software Review and Guide: Rollback RX @ Tweaktown