Beware VMWare VSphere 5.5
Subject: General Tech | September 24, 2013 - 01:14 PM | Jeremy Hellstrom
Tagged: vmware, oops, vsphere
Words like irreversible are enough to turn a sysadmin's hair grey and fall out in large clumps and unfortunately that is a word that applies to those who upgrade to VSphere 5.5 while running VMWare 5.1. The good news is that if you have not upgraded yet, you can now get the VMWare 5.5 update which is compatible with VSphere 5.5 and will ensure you do not have to install VMWare 5.1 again from scratch and rebuild everything. Follow the knowledge base links from The Register to update or to attempt to save your replications if you upgraded prematurely.
"But as explained in this knowledge-base article, “if you have Automatic Check and Install updates selected the vSphere Replication appliance will automatically upgrade to version 5.5”. If that happens on an existing vSphere 5.1 installation, very bad things will happen."
Here is some more Tech News from around the web:
- Roll Your Own Customized Ubuntu With UCK @ Linux.com
- World Maker Faire: 3D printed tower defense @ Hack a Day
- Teardown reveals Samsung built A7 chip inside the iPhone 5S @ The Inquirer
- Microsoft unveils Surface 2, Surface Pro 2 @ DigiTimes
- Nvidia announces own-brand Tegra Note tablet @ DigiTimes
- BlackBerry inks deal to go private for $4.7bn @ The Register
- Hoax fools iPhone users into thinking that iOS 7 makes their device waterproof @ The Inquirer
- Boot To Zork @ Slashdot
Get notified when we go live!