Beema Mullins down for your next mobile system
Subject: General Tech | April 29, 2014 - 04:14 PM | Jeremy Hellstrom
Tagged: TrustZone, security, Puma+, Mullins, mobile, Kabini, Jaguar, boost, beema, amd, AM1
Beema and Mullins have arrived and by now you must have read Josh's coverage but you might be aching for more. The Tech Report were present at the unveiling and came prepared, with a USB 3.0 solid-state drive containing their own preferred testing applications and games. Not only do you get a look at how the Mullins tablet handled the testing you can see how it compares to Kabini and Bay Trail. Check out the performance results as well as their take on the power consumption and new security features on the new pair of chips from AMD which come bearing more gifts than we had thought they would.
"A couple weeks ago, AMD flew us down to its Austin, Texas campus for a first look at Mullins and Beema, two low-power APUs aimed at the next wave of Windows tablets and low-cost laptops. Today, we're able to share what we learned from that expedition—as well as benchmarks from the first Mullins tablet."
Here is some more Tech News from around the web:
- AMD launches third generation Mullins and Beema APUs @ The Inquirer
- AMD Beema and Mullins APU Performance – 3rd Generation APUs @ Legit Reviews
- AMD Mullins & Beema Mobile APUs Preview @ Hardware Canucks
- Drink me: Adobe pours Flash Player bug squash @ The Register
- Über-secure Blackphone crypto-mobe spills its silicon guts @ The Register
- inksys PLEK500 500Mbps Powerline Homeplug AV2 Kit @ NikKTech
- Testing NVIDIA Optimus / DRI PRIME On Ubuntu 14.04 @ Phoronix
Get notified when we go live!