Battlefield 2 v1.03 Patch Released
Subject: General Tech | October 4, 2005 - 04:19 PM | Chuck Smith
The newest patch for Battlefield 2 is out today. The newest patch is v1.03 and it can be found here at Shacknews
- There is a new tab in the MULTIPLAYER menu that holds a list of the last 20 internet servers you have connected to, plus a list of servers you have selected as favorites.
- Nickname Prefix You can add a 6-character prefix (such as a clan tag) to your account nickname which will be displayed in-game next to your nametag in the score menu, in game messages, and above your player in the game world.
- Improvements to in-game HUD / Map
* The names of players in your vehicle are displayed in the HUD when someone enters the vehicle or switches positions.
* There is a new element in vehicle HUDs that displays the reload time for countermeasures (smoke and flares).
* Flags for each team are now displayed below their ticket count on the minimap to make it easier to tell what team you are assigned to.
- Many criteria for ranks and awards have changed. If you are immediately eligible for a new promotion, unlock, badge, award, or ribbon, it will
be awarded the next time you receive points on a ranked server.
- Only 1 player in a vehicle will get credit for or speed up capturing a flag at a CP. The other passengers must exit the vehicle to increase the speed of capture or receive capture score.
- The commander's supply drop now has an icon on the minimap and a 3D
- The wrench repair rate on helicopters has been decreased.
- You now receive 1 support point for destroying an enemy commander's artillery, UAV or Radar station.
- If you have received a point for healing, repairing, or resupplying a teammate, you will not receive another point from them for the same
action for a set period of time.
More link mirrors can be found in our forum thread Battlefield 2 Update 1.03
Get notified when we go live!