Attack of the 65" tablet
Subject: General Tech | November 15, 2011 - 09:57 AM | Jeremy Hellstrom
Tagged: touchscreen, Android
Check out what MAKE:Blog found! A 65" tablet-like Android powered touch screen prototype from ARDIC Technology out of Turkey. It is still a prototype so it will not hit the market any time soon, nor does it have a price tag yet. The display uses a docked Android tablet for connectivity but once connected you interface solely through the large touchscreen. Watch the video for the biggest fruit ninja game you've ever seen.
"The folks at Ardic Technologies in Istanbul seem to have developed a prototype for the ultimate tablet user experience. Isn’t this what we all secretly wish our handsets and tablets would do out of the box? Didn’t you expect you’d be able to smoothly transition from mobile device to a massive touchscreen effortlessly, like ten years ago? In any case, if Ardic can get their device to market, they’ll have one of the nicer presentation tools out there. I imagine this would go well with some of the newer apps from Adobe and Autodesk."
Here is some more Tech News from around the web:
- InAs membranes could compete with Si MOSFETs @ Nanotechweb
- ZoneAlarm Free Firewall 2012 Review @ TechReviewSource
- World's stealthiest rootkit pushes DNS hijacking trojan @ The Register
- Intel implants cash register to help flog Ultrabooks @ The Register
- Intel marks 40 years of the 4004 microprocessor @ The Inquirer
- Ninjalane Podcast - Volt modding 8800 GTX Cost of being Competitive
Get notified when we go live!