ASUS' new gaming headset tries to impress with both features and asking price
Subject: General Tech | January 16, 2013 - 04:11 PM | Jeremy Hellstrom
Tagged: audio, asus, Orion Pro, gaming headset
ASUS makes a lot of promises with their new Orion Pro gaming headset, not only do they claim to provide 7.1 surround sound but the suggested price is below $120. The specifications look good, 50mm drivers and a 50Hz-50KHz response range but the surround sound is virtualized with the included Spitfire USB Audio Processor. You can choose between three modes of sound but do not have the ability to really customize your experience which could be a problem if you are playing a game which only supports 5.1 surround. Hardware Canucks put the headset on for a test drive and were suitably impressed by the performance, perhaps these might be a worthy addition for gamers who prefer headsets to speakers.
"ASUS' new Orion Pro headset combines the versatility of a USB powered virtual 7.1 surround sound environment with the high quality aspect of an analog connection. All of this is offered in a unique package that doesn't require drivers to function properly but comes in at under $120."
Here is some more Tech News from around the web:
- ASUS Orion Pro Gaming Headset Review @ Hi Tech Legion
- Sony MDR-1RNC review: excellent noise cancellation @ Hardware.info
- Beats by Dr. Dre Powerbeats Review @ TechReviewSource
- Co'caine Headphones @ Funky Kit
- Steelseries Flux headphones @ Rbmods
- Tritton Kunai Wii U & 3DS Headset @ eTeknix
- Creative Sound Blaster Tactic 3D Rage Review @ Custom PC Review
- iFrogz Boost Plus Near-Field Audio Amplifying Speaker Review @ NikKTech
- Edifier Esiena Bluetooth Review – A Universal Audio Dock @ Techgage
Get notified when we go live!