AMD versus NVIDIA versus Frostbite3
Subject: General Tech | October 16, 2013 - 10:31 AM | Jeremy Hellstrom
Tagged: battlefield 4, r9 280x, gtx 770
As the recommended requirements for BF4 indicate that a mid-range GPU should be able to handle the game, [H]ard|OCP tested out the public beta with the new R9 280X as well as the GTX 770. This not only gives an idea of comparative performance but also a chance to see if the extra memory present on AMD's card gives any performance advantage at 2560 x 1600. At first glance the charts seem to favour NVIDIA but that was not what [H] found when gaming as the high peaks represented points with little or no action and the performance started to suffer during action sequences while the AMD card remained solid throughout both calm and the storms.
"Electronic Arts has opened a public beta of the upcoming Battlefield 4 game debuting the new Frostbite 3 game engine. Today we will preview some gameplay performance in BF4 Beta on an AMD Radeon R9 280X and GeForce GTX 770 and see how the game will challenge today's GPU's. The results are not quite what we expected."
Here is some more Tech News from around the web:
- Hands On: XCOM – Enemy Within @ Rock, Paper, SHOTGUN
- Red Wing: SWTOR Gets Space Combat Expansion @ Rock, Paper, SHOTGUN
- Bioshock Noir: Burial At Sea’s Opening Scenes @ Rock, Paper, SHOTGUN
- A Wizardry Did It: Deathfire – Ruins Of Nethermore @ Rock, Paper, SHOTGUN
- Tsarist Space Struggle: The Mandate @ Rock, Paper, SHOTGUN
- Super Mario Bros for Chrome @ fullscreenmario.com/
- Puppeteer PlayStation 3 @ eTeknix
- Madshrimps @ Firstlook 2013 @ Madshrimps
Get notified when we go live!