AMD boring to the core of Apple?
Subject: General Tech | November 16, 2006 - 12:52 PM | Jeremy Hellstrom
The Tech Report has noticed that future Apples might just have AMD inside, now that they have switched to x86 architecture. It also ties in with some comments made by the head of AMD.
Ryan has also noticed something rather interesting about the new HD-DVD drive for the Xbox360.
"Apple's MacBooks may be destined to follow in the footsteps of Dell's Inspirons. According to DigiTimes, Taiwan's passive component makers
have received orders for a significant number of 22Î¼F ceramic capacitors intended for use in an unnamed AMD-based Apple notebook. Said
notebook supposedly requires around 70 such capacitors, although the manufacturers didn't leak out any other details or specifications."
Here is some more Tech News from around the web:
- OLPC laptop manufactured, pictured @ The Tech Report
- Big three search engines to use common indexing tool
@ Ars Technica
- Internet Explorer 7: Hot or
Not? @ OSWeekly
- Vista System Memory Concerns @
- XGL/Beryl: Showcasing Progress or Shortcomings? @ MadPenguin
Chocolate (VX8600) Goes Flip, Flop @ CoolTechZone
- iPhone Is Real, For Real @ DailyCE
- The Tweny Most Annoying
Websites In The World @ Futurelooks
Get notified when we go live!