AMD Catalyst 11.4 for Windows released
Subject: General Tech | April 27, 2011 - 09:51 PM | Jeremy Hellstrom
Tagged: driver, catalyst, amd
Highlights of the AMD Catalyst™ 11.4 Windows release include:
Enhancements to the AMD VISION Engine Control Center / AMD Catalyst Control Center
- New task based Display Management controls
- Simplifies the configuration of displays and display settings ·
- New Eyefinity setup group
- Setting up an Eyefinity group has never been easier
- AMD Catalyst update notification (found within the Information Center)
- This feature notifies users that new AMD Catalyst software packages are available
GPU Compute enhancements:
The OpenCL runtime (included in AMD Catalyst 11.4) includes performance enhancements supporting zero-copy on APUs and increased performance for PCIe transfers between a CPU and discrete GPU.
The AMD Radeon HD 6900 Series and AMD Radeon HD 6800 Series of products will see the following performance gains:
- Call of Duty Black Ops – gains of up to 15% with Anti-Aliasing and Anisotropic Filtering on single GPU configurations
- Battleforge – gains of up to 15% with Anti-Aliasing and Anisotropic Filtering on single and multiple GPU configurations
- Batman Arkham Asylum – gains of up to 20% with Anti-Aliasing and Anisotropic Filtering on single and multiple GPU configurations
- Aliens vs. Predator – gains of up to 8% with Anti-Aliasing and Anisotropic Filtering on single and multiple GPU configurations
- Civilization 5 – gains of up to 15% on single and multiple GPU configurations
- Far Cry 2 – gains of up to 6% on single and multiple GPU configurations
- Just Cause 2 – gains of up to 9% on single and multiple GPU configurations
- Lost Planet 2 – gains of up to 10% on single and multiple GPU configurations
Resolved issue highlights
- The GPU no longer shows high GPU usage after when running Firefox 4 with hardware acceleration enabled.
Bioshock no longer displays random tearing and screen corruption with Vsync and MLAA enabled.
- Water textures no longer flicker in Two Worlds II in Crossfire mode.
- Bulletstorm lightshafts no longer appear broken when running on a HD 6970 series product.
- Bulletstorm no longer displays random texture corruption when running in Crossfire mode.
- FI 2010 no longer slows down intermittently when in Crossfire mode.
- PowerDVD no longer crashes if Crossfire is enabled / disabled during playback of a BD title.
- Running the Heaven benchmark no longer displays graphics corruption during DirectX 11 tests.
Highlights of the Linux AMD Catalyst™ 11.4 release include:
This release of AMD Catalyst™ Linux introduces support for the following new operating systems
Ubuntu 11.04 support (early look) SLED/SLES 10 SP4 support (early look) RHEL 5.6 support (production)