PCPer Live! GeForce GTX 780 3GB Graphics Card - 2pm EDT / 11am PDT

Subject: Editorial, Graphics Cards | May 23, 2013 - 12:08 PM |
Tagged: video, live, gtx 780, gk110

Missed the LIVE stream?  You can catch the video reply of it below!

Hopefully by now you have read over our review of the new NVIDIA GeForce GTX 780 graphics card that launched this morning.  Taking the GK110 GPU, cutting off some more cores, and setting a price point of $650 will definitely create some interesting discussion.

Join me today at 2pm ET / 11am PT as we discuss the GTX 780, our review and take your questions.  You can leave them in the comments below, no registration required.

GTX 780 Stream - PC Perspective Live! - 2pm ET / 11am PT

May 23, 2013 | 12:21 PM - Posted by Chris_NM

I do not have a question, but I am very glad to see launch-day support for Linux.

Great job!

May 23, 2013 | 12:31 PM - Posted by mrGREEK360

I own a small form factor gaming PC, with the GTX TITAN Nvidia seems to moving toward smaller more power efficient and better tempatures versus outright power, is this trend going to continue with the GTX 780 and GTX 7XX? I have a ALIENWARE X51 which came with a, greatly underrated GTX 660 OEM 1.5GB gk104 1152 Cuda Cores ( $150 on ebay) 5400 3DMark11 Fire Strike Over clocked. I just purchased a EVGA GTX 670 2GB with Metro: Last Light, as that's the highest possible with the stock power brick, will the GTX 780 TDP be lower than the GTX 680 or even the GTX 670 (wishful thinking)? I hope the GTX 770 will have a lower TDP and smaller form factor. Oh and having Metro: Last Light in as a bundle was a key reason I bought the EVGA GTX 670 2GB so please offer these type of games instead of F2P Coins. Thanks for the great work NVIDIA & PCPer.

-mrGREE360

I have unboxing of the EVGA GTX 670 2GB on my youtube channel if any fellow pcper viewers wasn't to check out my youtube channel name is LIQUIDG

May 23, 2013 | 05:41 PM - Posted by krvi (not verified)

I'm into SFF systems as well, and I hope we'll see some smaller non-reference card of either the GTX 770 or GTX 780.

May 23, 2013 | 01:06 PM - Posted by NickBen (not verified)

What single card would you currently buy for 4K gaming on the 4K Seiki?

GTX 780, Titan, or AMD 7970 GHz edition?

No plans for SLI, and just can't get myself to spend $1000 for an AMD card, but would on a Titan if it was worth it for 4K.

Would love it if you included 4K gaming benchmarks in your future reviews...

May 23, 2013 | 01:49 PM - Posted by Oskar (not verified)

Dear NVIDIA

You make excellent GPU:s

My 4K monitor (IBM t221) needs two cables and horizontal span to work at full refresh rate. The new sharp 4k monitor also needs two cables. Can you please introduce NVIDIA mosaic mode on GeForce? AMD supports horizontal span on Radeon.

Oskar

May 23, 2013 | 02:16 PM - Posted by Oskar (not verified)

Dear Ryan

I assumed that Tom Petersen was going to be present. Maybe you can forward my question to NVIDIA.

May 23, 2013 | 04:58 PM - Posted by NVIDIA TAP (not verified)

I hear you:)

May 23, 2013 | 02:34 PM - Posted by exodus (not verified)

Why doesnt the 780 come with 512bit? The gtx 280 series came with 512bit? What is your take on 512bit as well as what is your take on the memory bandwidth of the 780 vs 680 and titan? To me a 670 4gb in SLI is more then enough to dominate any titles in the next year to two years @ 1920 x 1080? What do you honestly think of 4k as well.. I think 1920 is just fine?

May 23, 2013 | 04:33 PM - Posted by Fedor1349 (not verified)

great job as always, keep up the good work.

May 26, 2013 | 01:17 PM - Posted by Jwolf (not verified)

Great coverage. This thing performs 90% Titan numbers. Now its clear the Titan was for someone that needs the double precision feature.

June 21, 2013 | 10:26 PM - Posted by innzone (not verified)

"EVGA GeForce GTX780 SuperClocked 3GB GDDR5 384bit, Dual-Link DVI-I, DVI-D, HDMI,DP, SLI Ready Graphics Card..."

Take a look guys

December 15, 2014 | 04:16 AM - Posted by rickmartin (not verified)

I think the 650$ is affordable and a descent rate to get a GeForce GTX 780 3GB graphics card. Through this live interview, I think this is awesome in providing the better graphics to my computer. Everyone must watch this interesting discussion.