Philips Brilliance 239C4QHWAB, an LCD with a new trick
Subject: Displays | June 4, 2014 - 08:20 PM | Jeremy Hellstrom
Tagged: miracast, philips, 239C4QHWAB, ips display
We interrupt your Computex news stream with a product that is currently for sale, the Philips Brilliance 239C4QHWAB with Miracast support. The screen itself is something we have seen before, a 1080p 23" IPS display with HDMI and VGA inputs on the base along with an audio and microphone input. Now those specs will not impress a gamer looking for a 4k display but for someone with an Android device that wants to stream 1080p video via Miracast thanks to the in built support the resolution and connections are perfect. Check out how well it handles Miracast at Bjorn3D.
"With the rise of mobile devices the need to be able to hook them up to a screen has increased. While both Apple TV and to some extend Google Chromecast offers ways to mirror the screen on supported devices or at least stream some content they both requier extra hardware. There is however another solution: Miracast."
Here are some more Display articles from around the web:
- 4K for $649: Asus' PB287Q monitor @ The Tech Report
- Asus PB287Q 4K UHD 28 inch @ Kitguru
- ASUS PB287Q 28-in 4K Single Stream 60Hz Monitor Review @ Legit Reviews
- AOC Q2770PQU 27″ PLS @ eTeknix
- AOC U2868PQU 4K UHD 28 inch Monitor @ Kitguru
- BenQ RL2460HT 24" Gaming Monitor Review @ Hardware Canucks
- BenQ XL2720Z Gaming Monitor @ FunkyKit