Subject: Displays | March 11, 2008 - 09:18 AM | Jeremy Hellstrom
Techgage delivered a warning during their review of the ASUS VW222, and that warning was to avoid the monitor altogether. They found the 22" TN panel LCD to be a poster child for every problem that can occur when using that type of LCD. Even with it's fast response rate, poor colour replication and a very noticeable screen door effect real detract from what could have been a good LCD.
You should keep an eye on this review though, ASUS contacted Techgage as they believe that the monitor they tested may have been defective; there will be an update soon.
"The display market is chalked-full of models that fill up the quality spectrum, from sub-par up to high-end. The VW222 falls into the sub-par category, sadly, with overall poor color representation and noticeable screen-door effects, resulting in a model that should not be considered for purchase."
Here are some more Display articles from around the web:
- How to Rotate your Samsung 245BW @ Simon Lau.ca
- Gateway XHD3000 30-inch Wide-Screen @ Techgage
- Princeton VL2018W 20.1-inch Widescreen LCD Monitor Review @ ThinkComputers
- How To Build Your Own Home Theatre Screen @ Ascully
- Asus PM17TU 17inch Gamer LCD Display Review @ PCSTATS
- NEC PlasmaSync 60XC10 60-inch Plasma HDTV @ I4U
Get notified when we go live!