A new cooler company on the market; is Phanteks phantastic?
Subject: Cases and Cooling | September 1, 2011 - 12:59 PM | Jeremy Hellstrom
Tagged: phanteks, air cooling, PH-F140TS, PH-TC14PE
Over at eTechnix you can catch a review of two cooler from Phanteks, who have just entered the enthusiast cooling market. They sport some impressive acronyms like P.A.T.S (Physical Anti-oxidant Thermal Shield) and C.P.S.C (Cold Plasma Spraying Coating) to describe their coolers and their fans have UFB (Updraft Floating Balance) bearings. Part of that alphabet soup means that the coolers can come in a variety of colours apart from black or bare metal. Their Phanteks PH-F140TS is a 140mm fan sold separately which can be mounted with noise reducing screws or attached to a PCI slot with the included adapter. The PH-TC14PE is a 1250g dual tower heatsink that can use up to three of the 140mm fans and provides some very competitive cooling. Phanteks seems to be a name we will be hearing more about and seeing near the top of cooling shoot outs with some of the other big name coolers.
"Today we will be reviewing the 140mm Phanteks PH-F140TS fan. The 9 bladed F140TS is designed for use with CPU coolers and as a case fan. It uses an UFB (Updraft Floating Balance) bearing which should ensure low noise and a healthy lifespan hence the low 19dbA acoustic rating and greater than 150,000 hours MTBF. Offering a rated speed of 1200RPM (+/- 10%) and whopping 78.1 CFM of airflow, this is one fan that we definitely are keen to observe in action. The fan comes in 4 different colours; red, blue, orange and white guaranteeing compatibility with every type of case and colour scheme."
Here are some more Cases & Cooling reviews from around the web:
- Phanteks PH-TC14PE CPU Cooler Review @ Madshrimps
- Phanteks PH-TC14PE CPU Cooler @ Metku.net
- Enermax ETS-T40-TA CPU Cooler Review @ Hardware Secrets
- Cooler Master Gemin II S524 CPU Cooler Review @ ThinkComputers
- Zalman CNPS7X LED CPU Cooler Review @ Hi Tech Legion
- Cooler Master GeminII S524 CPU Heatsink @ Benchmark Reviews
- Cooler Master GeminII S524 CPU Cooler Review @ Hardware Secrets
- Cooler Master Hyper 612S @ XSReviews
- Water for Processors: Corsair Hydro Series H100 Liquid-Cooling System @ X-bit Labs
- Corsair Hydro Series H100 Extreme Performance Liquid CPU Cooler @ Tweaktown
- Corsair H80 CPU Cooler Review @ Hardware Secrets
- Zalman ZM-SF2 Case fan @ Rbmods
- NZXT Sentry Mix Fan Controller Review @ OCC
- SilverStone EC03 USB 3.0 PCIe Card and Front Bay Panel @ Pro-Clockers
- Corsair Carbide 400R @ techPowerUp
- Corsair Carbide 400R Case Review @ Neoseeker
- Spire Savit 6005B @ XSRevies
- Three Mainstream System Cases: Thermaltake Element G, AeroCool XPredator and CoolerMaster HAF 922 @ X-bit Labs
- Silverstone Temjin TJ08-E Evolution Case Review @ Ninjalane
- ThermalTake Chaser MK-I Review @ OCC
- Sentey Burton - GS-6500 @ Computing on Demand
- SilverStone TJ08-E Micro-ATX Chassis @MissingRemote
- Lian Li PC-90 Computer Case @ Benchmark Reviews
- Thermaltake Chaser MK-1 Full Tower Case Review @ ThinkComputers
Get notified when we go live!