In this case XION's pricing might be a bit high
Subject: Cases and Cooling | August 1, 2012 - 01:19 PM | Jeremy Hellstrom
Tagged: XION, XON-980
On the face of it, the XION XON-90 looks like a good case, featuring mesh on much of its exterior for airflow, audio, USB 3.0 and 2.0 ports on the front panel, a protected top mount fan and what seems to be a fan controller. Once they started using it, Overclockers Club were less than impressed with the features. The fan controller has two settings, one with the fans powered the other completely shuts down all fans connected to the controller so it is not recommended you put the CPU fan on the controller. There were also other components which OCC felt to be of cheap design, which made them recommend you to avoid this case at its current price, but would recommend it if it was sold in the $50-$60 range.
"To be perfectly honest for the asking price this case leaves a lot to be desired. There's nothing to really redeem the faults I encountered when examining this case. The cooling fans, for the noise they make, should keep things cooler especially in a smaller mid-tower case. The fan controller, if you can really call it that, is one of the most useless things I've ever seen included on a case and it's downright dangerous to have something like this without even a mention of it shutting fans completely off in the installation guide. If this case was coming to market at the $59.99 level or below I could understand the kind of manufacturing shortcuts that produce a case of this caliber, but at the $89.99 price point it just doesn't even have a horse in the race. If you're looking to build a new machine please look elsewhere unless you want to be disappointed like I was."
Here are some more Cases & Cooling reviews from around the web:
- Sentey Extreme Division GS-6000 II Optimus @ Benchmark Reviews
- Corsair Obsidian 550D Case Review @ Hardware Canucks
- Sharkoon T28 @ Hardware.info
- Cooler Master HAF XM mid-tower Case Review @ Madshrimps
- NZXT Switch 810 Special Edition Review @ Hardware Canucks
- Corsair Obsidian 550D vs Cooler Master Silencio 650 @ Hardware.info
- Cooler Master Elite 120 Advanced Case Review @ Hardware Secrets
- Prolimatech PK-2 and PK-3 Thermal Paste @ Pro-Clockers
- Thermaltake Water2.0 Pro CPU Cooler Review @ Legit Reviews
- Thermaltake WATER2.0 Performer CPU Cooler Review @ Hardware Secrets
- Thermaltake Frio Advanced CPU Cooler Review @ Neoseeker
- CM Storm Stryker Full Tower Review @ Hi Tech Legion
- Cooler Master TPC-812 CPU Cooler Review @ Neoseeker
Get notified when we go live!