Will PC Power and Cooling be Silenced?
Subject: Cases and Cooling | December 13, 2013 - 07:12 PM | Jeremy Hellstrom
Tagged: modular psu, 750w, silencer mk III, pc power & cooling
PC Power & Cooling have been providers of high quality PSUs for a long time and are keeping up the pace, recently with the updated 750W Silencer Mk III. They have a unique style, black and white colouring and a proprietary connector for their modular cabling that both looks and connects better than some of the recessed plastic connectors seen on other models. Unfortunately since OCZ purchased the company they have gone from being the PSU all other companies try to match to a mid-range supplier that provides decent PSUs but lack the incredible quality they once possessed, as you can see by [H]ard|OCP's Pass marking without an award. This may well be one of the last models you see labelled PC Power & Cooling, with OCZ's bankruptcy the continuation of the PSU business is in doubt.
"PC Power & Cooling is back on our test bench today and it has been a while. Today it is promising "industrial-grade performance and stability," with "ultimate efficiency," and "ultra-quiet operation" with its Silencer Mk III 750 watt PSU. We put it to the test to see if OCZ has done anything to return its PSUs to your next build."
Here are some more Cases & Cooling reviews from around the web:
- Fractal Design Integra R2 750W Power Supply Review @ Legit Reviews
- Cooler Master G550M 550 W @ techPowerUp
- Cooler Master GXII 550W Power Supply Review @HiTech Legion
- Fractal Design Tesla R2 650W Power Supply Review @ Legit Reviews
- Antec High Current Gamer 750W Semi-Modular Power Supply @ eTeknix
- Corsair RM Series 650 W @ techPowerUp
- NZXT Hale82 V2 550W White PSU Review @ Legit Reviews
- Fractal Design Integra R2 750W @ Kitguru
- Be Quiet! Power Zone 650W / 750W @ Hardware.info
- Corsair CS650M @ Kitguru