The SilverStone Strider Gold 750W deserves its name, but for the wrong reason
Subject: Cases and Cooling | November 16, 2011 - 12:17 PM | Jeremy Hellstrom
Tagged: modular psu, 80 gold, Silverstone, strider gold 750w, 750w
The SilverStone Strider Gold 750W offers good performance but unfortunately demands a premium price. Overclockers Online had a hard time getting around that fact when they reviewed this unit. There is nothing bad about the PSU, the solid performance of the single 12V rail at 62A will keep most users happy as will the amount of SATA and PCIe connectors. The 5V rail does vary by about 3% but is still well within specifications. Still, there are competitors out there delivering the same performance and charging less money for their units.
"The Strider Gold 750W does have a quite a bit of good points going for it and a few excellent ones, namely: efficiency and some pretty decent line regulation on the 12V rail (which reasonably, we care quite a bit more for than the 5V rail). The unit is also built extraordinarily well, inside and out. Still, while we can hardly discount the fact that the Strider Gold 750W is priced just a wee bit higher than it should, that decision is for the individual and despite priced a tad higher than other units, the Strider Gold is still a solid power supply."
Here are some more Cases & Cooling reviews from around the web:
- Enermax ENM750AWT @ Rbmods
- Diablotek UL Series 575W Power Supply Review @ ThinkComputers
- Enermax NAXN 82+ 550 W Power Supply Review @ Hardware Secrets
- Thermaltake TR2 700 W Power Supply Review @ Hardware Secrets
- SilverStone Nightjar 500 W Power Supply Review @ Hardware Secrets
- PC Power & Cooling Silencer Mk.III 600W Power Supply Review @ HardwareHeaven
- Rasurbo Real & Power 550w Modular Power Supply @ Funky Kit
- Enermax NAXN 650W Power Supply Review @ Hi Tech Legion
- Corsair TX750M 750W Modular Power Supply Review @ eTeknix
- In-Win Glacier 900W Power Supply Review @ Real World Labs
- eXtreme Power Supply Calculator Update
- Thermaltake Dr. Power II PSU Tester @ OCC
- ThermalTake Dr. Power II PSU Tester @ Funky Kit
Get notified when we go live!