Seriously short on power? LEPA has a 1600W solution for you
Subject: Cases and Cooling | June 18, 2012 - 05:00 PM | Jeremy Hellstrom
Tagged: kilowatt, lepa, G Series 1600W, 80 Plus Gold
If you have quad SLI/Crossfire, dual CPUs and dozens of hard drives you might find yourself in a position where a 1600W PSU is something you actually need. That is where the LEPA 1600W PSU come in, with 10 eight pin PCIe connectors and 14 SATA connectors as well as numerous molex connectors for your fans. [H]ard|OCP's testing showed that this PSU did deserve it's 80 PLUS Gold rating and more importantly it provided solid power. It sports a decent price, in fact it is almost the same price as several PSUs which are rated at 250W lower. There was something about the unit which kept it from earning a Gold Award but you will have to read the full review to see why [H] decided on Silver for this PSU.
"LEPA is an Ecomaster company and Ecomaster distributes Enermax products and has Enermax design the LEPA PSU line. So what are our expectations from the current ultimate desktop PSU packing a whopping 1600 watts? Should it be better than a four year old 1600 watt power supplies on the market?"
Here are some more Cases & Cooling reviews from around the web:
- Enermax Platimax 1000W @ [H]ard|OCP
- NZXT HALE82 N 650-watt @ Tweaktown
- Seasonic X-Series 460W Fanless Power Supply @ Kitguru
- Xigmatek Centauro 1000 W @ techPowerUp
- Corsair GS800 Gaming Series Power Supply Review @ HardwareHeaven
- Corsair GS500 Power Supply Review @ Hardware Secrets
- In Win GreenMe 650W @ AnandTech
- NZXT HALE82 N Series 750W Power Supply Review @ HardwareHeaven
- Thermaltake ToughPower XT PLATINUM 1275W Power Supply Unit Review @ NikKTech
- Cooler Master Silencio 650D @ techPowerUp
- NZXT HALE82 N 650 W Power Supply Review @ Hardware Secrets
- be quiet! Dark Power Pro 10 550-watt @ Tweaktown
- NZXT HALE82 N 750W Power Supply Review @ Hi Tech Legion
Get notified when we go live!