Prolimatech Shows Off Blue Megahalems CPU Cooler

Subject: Cases and Cooling | July 16, 2012 - 01:21 PM |
Tagged: prolimatech, megahalems, hsf, cpu cooler, anodized blue

Popular processor cooler manufacturer Prolimatech has offered its Megahalems cooler for a couple of years now, and it has seen several revisions. The latest modification seems to be purely aesthetic – and I can’t say I’m opposed. Despite my (irrational?) fear of large heatsinks ripping a chunk off of my motherboard, I do find them impressive. A new Megahalems was spotted by Fanless Tech that sports an anodized blue finish that is quite sleek looking.

We don’t have any details beyond the images, but it is reportedly a Megahalems Revision B with a glossy blue finish. The Megahalems Rev. B is of course the company’s answer to Intel’s socket 1156 processors (though it is also compatible with socket(s) 775, 1156, 1366, and 2011). It weighs 790 grams – approximately 1.74 pounds – and measures 158.7mm tall and 74mm wide. It can further support a 120mm fan for active cooling, and it sports six heatpipes. Needless to say, it is rather large and packs quite a bit of air cooling potential. (We reviewed the original Megahalems awhile back, and came away impressed).

I can only speak for myself here, but this is one giant air cooler that I wouldn’t mind risking my motherboard for (what can I say, they used my favorite color ;) ). What do you think of the Prolimatech prototype? Check out more photos over at FanlessTech.

Source: Fanless Tech
July 16, 2012 | 02:34 PM - Posted by Dogg3 (not verified)

I'd buy the hell out of this. I'd have a hard time getting fans that matched, but I love that shade of blue.

July 16, 2012 | 02:43 PM - Posted by Peanut Fox (not verified)

It is a nice color. It'd be nice if the design had the fans sit inside the fins so that most of the cooler wouldn't be covered up.

July 16, 2012 | 10:50 PM - Posted by Tim Verry

I'm glad we agree :)

July 16, 2012 | 03:33 PM - Posted by Anonymous (not verified)

Damned if I did not see one of those on top of a highrise in NYC!

July 16, 2012 | 10:51 PM - Posted by Tim Verry

That would be an awesome building!

August 2, 2012 | 07:00 PM - Posted by Anonymous (not verified)

I have never seen this in my computer,thank you for your details!chinalove.com scam