Price, performance and efficiency from be quiet!, the Pure Power L8 700W
Subject: Cases and Cooling | October 29, 2013 - 05:23 PM | Jeremy Hellstrom
Tagged: PSU, be quiet!, Pure Power L8, 700W, 80 Plus Bronze
Be Quiet! could have a value-priced winner with their Pure Power L8 700W PSU, which has enough power to handle SLI/CrossFire but with a non-modular design which should keep the price fairly reasonable. With two 12V lines capable of providing up to 53 amps you will be able to run two powerful GPUs, though perhaps not paired flagship cards. As far as efficiency goes, Legit Reviews found it to deserve the 80 Plus Bronze rating it carries and the power regulation and ripple were both very good for any PSU, let alone a value priced one. You can't buy it yet but you can see the review right here.
"Be Quiet! is an European company which, despite the strange name, is a very well-known manufacturer amongst enthusiasts, mostly for their high quality (and notoriously expensive) power supply units. We had an encounter with their very impressive Dark Power Pro 10 series a few months ago; however, impressive as it was, the price tag of such a power supply would certainly drive the vast majority of users away. Today we will be having a look at the least expensive PSU series currently offers, the Pure Power L8."
Here are some more Cases & Cooling reviews from around the web:
- EVGA SuperNova G2 1300W review: super-SLI PSU @ Hardware.info
- NZXT HALE82 V2 700 W @ techPowerUp
- Antec HCG-750W PSU @ Rbmods
- Corsair GS800 (800W) Non-Modular PSU @ eTeknix
- Cooler Master V Series 850 W @ techPowerUp
- be quiet! Power Zone 850 Watt Power Supply Review @HiTech Legion
- NZXT HALE82 v2 700 Watt Modular Power Supply Review @ Modders-Inc
- Cougar CMX v.3 850W Power Supply Review @ Legit Reviews
- XFX Pro 750W XXX Edition Semi-Modular @ eTeknix
- Corsair RM Series 750 W @ techPowerUp
- Cooler Master V-Series 700 Watt Power Supply Review @ HiTech Legion
Get notified when we go live!