PSUs for picky people
Subject: Cases and Cooling | August 3, 2006 - 02:56 PM | Jeremy Hellstrom
Legit Reviews has put together a very exclusive list of PSUs, in fact only 2 qualify for their exacting specifications. Drop by to find out why they chose the criteria they did, and what you can expect from setting your sights as high as theirs.
"If you are an enthusiast that is looking to purchase a power supply we wish you the best of luck, because it's a pain in the ass digging through the marketing fluff and getting the information you need. If you are making a feature shopping list as you are looking for the ultimate power supply then these points of interest should be on your list.
* Active PFC
* 105Â°C Capacitors
* Make sure the total wattage rating is done at 50Â°C
* Quality Capacitors like Nippon Chemi-Cons and not Fuhjyyu
* a 120mm (12cm) or 140mm (14cm) cooling fan
Right now only two of the nine power supplies we have recently reviewed fit that bill and they are the Corsair HX620W and the Thermaltake Toughpower 750W. If you have the money and are looking for a great power supply start with those two!"
Here are some more Systems articles from around the web:
- Zalman ZM460B-APS review @ DH
- Corsair CMPSU-620HX 620 Watt Power Supply Review @ Legit Reviews
- Cooler Master eXtreme Power Duo 600W Power Supply @ ThinkComputers
- HEC WIN550UB Power Supply @ 3dGameMan
- Cooler Master iGreen 430W PSU Review @ Byte Sized Reviews
Get notified when we go live!