NXZT's HALE90 series of PSUs is getting long in the teeth but still a contender
Subject: Cases and Cooling | August 12, 2013 - 03:36 PM | Jeremy Hellstrom
Tagged: modular psu, PSU, NZXT HALE90, kilowatt, 80 Plus Gold
For $230 the NZXT HALE90 v2 1000W PSU needs to perform well to justify the price, especially as the 1200W model currently costs the same amount. [H]ard|OCP has the tools to test this PSU to the limits and that is exactly what they did; the unit received a passing mark but no award as the quality of it's voltage regulation was right in the middle of the pack, no better nor worse than the competition. It is a very efficient PSU if that is one of your prerequisites, it is rather attractive and offers a large selection of modular cabling. Check out the full review for the exact specifications.
"The new NZXT HALE90 v2 1000 watt computer power supply has more than a few marketed points that talk it up like; clean currents, rock steady performance, eccentric design, and infused design elements. All that aside, we will put it through our brutal testing suite and find out if it is worth your hard earned cash."
Here are some more Cases & Cooling reviews from around the web:
- In Win GreenMe 750 W @ techPowerUp
- Silverstone Strider Essential & Strider Plus 500W Power Supply Review @ Legit Reviews
- Super Flower Leadex Platinum 1000 W @ techPowerUp
- 45 PSUs tested at very low loads: which one is the most efficient? @ Hardware.info
- Sentey SDP850-SS Power Supply Review @ Hardware Secrets
- XFX Pro Series 850W Black Edition PSU Review @ Legit Reviews
- Cooler Master V850 Fully Modular 80+ Gold PSU @ Funky Kit
- High Power Astro GD 750 W @ techPowerUp
- Be quiet! Pure Power L8 400W/300W review: good for budget PCs @ Hardware.info
- Three 500 watt PSUs tested: Antec VP550F, Cooler Master B500 and Nexus NX-5000 V1 @ Hardware.info