Liquid cooled PC's have no sharp blades & More
Subject: Cases and Cooling | August 13, 2004 - 03:59 PM | Jeremy Hellstrom
I got a few review links saved up for you all today. Start off with ProCooling.com's JayDee116 showing off his newest DIY waterblock which beats his previous one by a nice margin. Zalman, Poseidon and Asetek are all represeted, along with various others, including Part 2 of Watercooling for Everyone.
Public Service Announcement - remember, if you disarm your PC's blades, and have a self destruct on some of the waterlines, it won't go psychotic and try to disembowel you every Friday the 13th.
"The relatively open design and the large 1/2" copper connectors used for barbs make the R Type a fairly low flow resistance block. I would guess that the 1/2" copper barbs are the major reason for the increased flow rate. It is also clear that the R-Type block does quite a bit better than the Lumpy Channel block at less than 1.25 GPM. This is consistent with the thicker base used on the R-Type."
Here are some more Cases & Cooling reviews from around the web:
- Zalman Reserator 1 Fanless Water Cooler review @ hardCOREware.net
- Zalman Reserator 1 Water Cooling System @ 3DVelocity
- Zalman Reserator1 Passive Water-Cooling System @ SilentPCReview
- 3R Poseidon WCL-02 120Cu Liquid Cooler @ Hi-techreview.com
- 3R System Poseidon Liquid Cooler @ HardwareZoom
- 3R Poseidon WCL-03 WCL-02 reviews @ pcunleash
- Water-cooling: Titan and Alphacool @ A True Review
- Asetek VapoChill LightSpeed [AC] @ HotHardware.Com
- Asetek WaterChill Antarctica KT03A-L30 @ HEXUS.net
- Asetek Antarctica cpu block review @ ModdersHQ
- PolarFlo TT CPU WaterBlock Review @ GruntvillE.com
- PolarFLO LGA 775 Socket T Mount for TT Series CPU HS @PolarFLO
- PolarFLO TT Water Block 2 @ [H]ard|OCP
- Swiftech H20-8600-64 & MCW-50 @ OC-Zone.com
- W-ZEROÂº X2 Double Radiator & W-Tank LX Reservoir @ systemcooling
- Kingwin Arctic Liquid Cooler @ Bjorn3D
- Xice ExternalCool Watercooling Kit @ overclockers
- SilverProp Cyclone SE water block @ a1electronics