Land of the Giant Heatsinks & More
Subject: Cases and Cooling | May 4, 2005 - 11:43 AM | Jeremy Hellstrom
What do Igloos, Typhoons and Beetles all have in common? They are all huge, and all being reviewed at 3D Velocity, that's what. Find out whether bigger means better when the temps are rising.
"Prior to recent developments like strained silicon, low-k and reductions in die sizes, temperatures seemed to be spiralling out of control, and the continued use of air as a suitable method for cooling seemed less and less likely with each new processor. These technological advancements have prolonged the feasible life of the air-cooled CPU, though for how long is another question."
Here are some more Cases & Cooling reviews from around the web:
- Titan Vanessa L-Type CPU Cooler @ PimpRig
- Thermalright XP-90C @ ModdersHQ
- Thermaltake Sonic Tower @ A1 Electronics
- Spire Verticool SPA49B0 @ Frostytech
- Scythe Kamakiri @ SilentPCReview
- ThermalRight SI-97 review @ HWzone.co.il
- Thermalright XP-90C Review @ Virtual-Hideout
- Thermaltake Beetle 4-in-1 Heatsink Review @ Virtual-Hideout
Get notified when we go live!