Kingwin's silent and powerful new Stryker 500W PSU
Subject: Cases and Cooling | October 19, 2011 - 02:07 PM | Jeremy Hellstrom
Tagged: Kingwin Stryker 500W, Kingwin, 80 platinum, modular psu
The latest victim of [H]ard|OCP's PSU torture chamber comes from Kingwin; the same fanless 500W Stryker model that Lee reviewed a short while ago. They were impressed with the so called overclocked mode, which allows the PSU to produce 600W and still manages not only to retain stable rails but also an efficiency rating above 89%. It soared through their torture test and managed to stay at the rated 0dB, of course. Their final verdict was very positive, though like Lee they warn that silent PSUs are more expensive and probably won't attract many buyers who can buy the same level of quality in a PSU with active cooling for significantly less money.
"Kingwin, might not be the first name that comes to mind when looking for a top-shelf PSU, but in our testing Kingwin has been very consistent with quality PSU builds. Today we look at its silent 500 watt computer power supply. We all know what happens to computer component cooling when we go silent. Can Kingwin pull off another big win?"
Here are some more Cases & Cooling reviews from around the web:
- Thermaltake Toughpower 1200W Power Supply Review @ Real World Labs
- 3R System AK 500 Power Supply Review @ Hardware Secrets
- Thermaltake Toughpower 1350W Power Supply Review @ OCC
- Jou Jye BW-B620JL 620 Watt Gaming Power Supply @ Pro-Clockers
- Thermaltake Toughpower 1500 W @ techPowerUp
- OCZ ZT Series 750W Power Supply Review @ HardwareHeaven
- OCZ ZT Series 750 W @ techPowerUp
- Jou Jye's Dual Link Power Supply Feature Examined @ Tweaktown
- Antec High Current Gamer 520 W Power Supply Review @ Hardware Secrets
Get notified when we go live!