Huge Honkin' Heatsink & More
Subject: Cases and Cooling | July 20, 2005 - 03:56 PM | Jeremy Hellstrom
The Tuniq tower is monstrous, it weighs in at 798g, and is 131mm (W) x 108mm (H) x 153mm (D), so you may want to take measurements before you run out and buy one. All that heatsink does serve a purpose though, so head over to Big Bruin to see how well it cools ... and what it looks like installed.
"The overall size no doubt plays a significant role in the Tuniq Tower's performance, but I think it may actually be too big. It overhangs the CPU socket on all sides, and there are a number of things that could interfere with this beast. On the test system, it only had a problem with the chipset cooler, but that is problem enough. I can foresee issues on other boards where it may be too close to the memory, power supply, chipset, OTES type cooling, or maybe even the video card."
Here are some more Cases & Cooling reviews from around the web:
- Tuniq Tower 120 Cooler Review @ Bjorn3D
- Tuniq Tower 120 Heatsink review @ ModdersHQ.net
- Zalman CNPS7700-AlCu CPU Cooler review @ Xtreme Resources
- Thermaltake Beetle @ AMDReview
- Thermaltake Golden Orb II @ A1 Electronics
- Cooler Master Hyper 6+ Heatsink Review @ MODTHEBOX.COM
EverCool Neon Crab memory cooler @ A1 Electronics
Arctic Silver Products @ ThinkComputers.org
Prime Cooler Fanless VGA Cooler Review @ PC Modding Malaysia