Get your heatsink pimped out & More
Subject: Cases and Cooling | April 13, 2005 - 11:40 AM | Jeremy Hellstrom
Come on, you know you want it! A nice big chunk of gold, sitting in the middle of your case, LED lights glinting off of it, as everyone stares in envy. Mikhailtech reviews the Aerocool GT-1000, and finds that not only does it look good, but it will do so in just about any system, SocketA, S939 & S754 or the P4 478 & LGA775. Plus, it cools your CPU too!
"As you may have guessed, the entire heatsink is gold plated. This is more of a cosmetic feature, but it doesn't hurt performance either. There are a total of 36 thin copper fins with 3 heatpipes coming up from the thick copper base on each side. This is a typical setup for heatpipe-style coolers. The little black mini-heatsink at the bottom offers no real cooling benefit; as we'll see shortly it has more to do with installation. You'll also find an aluminum shroud surrounding the cooler with mounting holes for 80mm and 92mm fans on both sides. This allows you to place fans on both sides of the GT-1000, though it's not really necessary. Finally, there's also an aluminum carrying handle up top so you don't get your greasy fingers all over that shiny gold (like I did)."
Here are some more Cases & Cooling reviews from around the web:
- Evercool HPC-925 Ice-Man Heatpipe Cooler Review @ 3DXtreme
- Gigabyte G-Power Cooler Pro @ Legion Hardware
- Gigabyte NeonCooler 8 - Pro(GH-ED821-MF) @ HardwareZoom
- Thermalright SI-97 CPU Cooler Review @ 3DXtreme
- Evercool Hpc-925 @ Rbmods
- Alpha PAL8150 Heatsink Review @ Ninjalane
- Titan Vanessa S-Type Heatpipe Cooler
- Ultra Products 80mm Glossy Fan @ CaseModGod.com
- Titan Siberia air cooler @ A1 Electronics
- Scythe Shogun Heatlane CPU Cooler @ Rojakpot
Get notified when we go live!