Get Platinum power for about $100
Subject: Cases and Cooling | August 17, 2012 - 03:11 PM | Jeremy Hellstrom
Tagged: PSU, antec, 80plus platinum, Earthwatts Platinum 650W
At $120 on NewEgg, the Antec Earthwatts Platinum is not a bad choice for those looking for power and efficiency. Although it is SLI rated, with only two 6+2 PCIe power connectors you will need to rely on molex adapters to run two cards and at 650W they will not be current flagship models. Legit Reviews saw some questionable results while testing but for a PSU of this price, especially such a quiet and efficient one, it comes with a recommendation to stop worrying and pick it up.
"When it comes to performance, besides its high electrical efficiency which is expect from an 80Plus Platinum unit. The Earthwatts Platinum 650W PSU also excels in acoustics, with the unit running entirely silent across the entire nominal load range. The high efficiency also allows it to operate at fairly low temperatures as little energy is wasted as heat. Even though most hardcore enthusiasts would find this unit's electrical performance mediocre, we believe that the ripple suppression and voltage regulation of the Earthwatts Platinum 650W unit is more than acceptable for a sub-$100 product..."
Here are some more Cases & Cooling reviews from around the web:
- Raidmax RX-600AF PSU Review @ Rbmods
- Thermaltake Toughpower XT Gold 1375 W @ techPowerUp
- LEPA G850-MAS Power Supply Review @ Hardware Secrets
- Lepa G650 650W Power Supply @ Pro-Clockers
- Corsair Gaming Series GS 800w @ XSReviews
- Corsair AX1200i PSU @ Guru of 3D
- Corsair GS700 Bronze Power Supply Review @ Hardware Secrets
- FSP Aurum Pro 1000w Gold Power Supply Review @ HardwareHeaven
- be quiet! Dark Power Pro 10 850W Power Supply @ Pro-Clockers
- Super Flower GOLDEN KING 1000W Power Supply Unit Review @ NikKTech
- Thermaltake Smart M Series 750W PSU @ Kitguru
- Corsair Professional Series HX850 @ weakTown
- FSP Raider 650 W Power Supply Review @ Hardware Secrets
Get notified when we go live!