Enermax extends their low cost PSU line with the LEPA 850W
Subject: Cases and Cooling | June 20, 2011 - 05:27 PM | Jeremy Hellstrom
Tagged: lepa, enermax, PSU, 850W
The LEPA B850 is a little odd when you look at it behind the scenes, as it is a low cost Enermax PSU but it is made by Sirfa. That kind of inbreeding is not exceptional when it comes to PSUs but is sometimes worth noting. It sports an 80+ Bronze rating and its four 12V rails are split between a pair of 20A and a pair of 30A rails which makes it worth your while to determine which plugs are feeding your GPU. It passed the [H]ard|OCP torture tests which qualify it as a decent PSU but [H] had several caveats about purchasing this PSU. First is the warranty which might be between 3 and 5 years or maybe 2 years, it is hard to tell from the documentation. Second was the value as Enermax already has the NAXN line which is comparable to LEPA and that competitors like XFX and Corsair offer products that are at least as good and cost less than this LEPA unit.
"For those of you that do not know, LEPA is what we would call Enermax' low cost "house brand" of PSU. No, it specifications are not up to those of most worthy Enermax units, but then again, neither is the price. How does LEPA do with its second unit reviewed here at HardOCP?"
Here are some more Cases & Cooling reviews from around the web:
- Rasurbo Real Power 650w Modular @ XSReviews
- Thermaltake ToughPower 850W @ HardwareBistro
- Antec High Current Power 750w Review @ HardwareLOOK
- Be Quiet! Straight Power E8 400 W @ techPowerUp
- FSP Group Aurum Gold 500 Power Supply Review @ OCIA
- Rasurbo Real Power 450w @ XSReviews
- Mushkin Enhanced Joule 700 Watt @ Tweaktown
- FSP Aurum CM Gold 750 W Power Supply Review @ Hardware Secrets
Get notified when we go live!