Enermax doesn't feel the need to brag about the efficiency of the new Revolution87
Subject: Cases and Cooling | March 1, 2012 - 02:54 PM | Jeremy Hellstrom
Tagged: PSU, modular psu, enermax, Revolution 87, 80 Plus Gold
The Enermax Revolution87+ 1000W PSU can distribute almost its entire peak capability across its four 12V rails at a maximum of 83A. After their testing [H]ard|OCP proclaimed that this is another step forward in PSU design for Enermax, retaining solid construction and power generation needed by users as well as increasing efficiency and lowering noise. Perhaps the most laudable thing Enermax did with this unit was to market it as 80+ Gold even though it actually meets Platinum standards. That is the opposite of most PSU marketers whose PSUs tend to barely meet the claimed efficiency or to not meet it at all when tested by reviewers.
"Enermax is and has been a favorite brand with HardOCP for many years now. Today it is showing off its new Revolution 87+ series suggesting 87% efficiency or better at all times. Coming in at a full kilowatt of supplied power, designed with ZERO LOAD sleep states in mind, and 24-7 at 50C performance, this should be one tough PSU."
Here are some more Cases & Cooling reviews from around the web:
- XFX 1000W Pro Series 80 Plus Platinum @ AnandTech
- NZXT Switch 810 @ OC3D
- Antec VP350 Power Supply Review @ Hardware Secrets
- Thortech Thunderbolt Plus 1000 W @ techPowerUp
- Seasonic Platinum Series 860W - Platinum without the Fuss @ AnandTech\
- Thermaltake Smart 730 W Power Supply Review @ Hardware Secrets
- Coolermaster GX Lite-700W @ Rbmods
- Huntkey Jumper 600B Power Supply Review @ Hardware Secrets
- Antec High Current Gamer 620M Watt Power Supply Review @Hi Tech Legion
- Enermax Platimax 1000w Super Overclock Edition PSU @ OC3D
- Antec High Current Gamer M 620 W Power Supply Review @ Hardware Secrets
- Enermax Platimax 1000-watt @ Tweaktown
- Corsair TX550M & TX750M Power Supply Review @ OCC
- NZXT Premium Power Supply Cables Starter Kit Review @ Hi Tech Legion
- Power Distribution in Three PCs @ SPCR
Get notified when we go live!