Corsair's single 12V rail HX1050, there's a new Professional in town
Subject: Cases and Cooling | December 2, 2011 - 03:57 PM | Jeremy Hellstrom
Tagged: PSU, kilowatt, modular psu, corsair, hx1050
Over at [H]ard|OCP you can catch a review of Corsair's new HX1050 Professional PSU, the same model that Lee handed a Silver Medal to. The big change to this member of Corsair's Professional series is that this model sports a single 12v rail unlike the dual rail design on the HX1000. That single rail can handle 87.5 amp, which is why there are a half dozen 6/8 pin PCIe connectors. This PSU has owners of multiple GPU systems in mind. By the end of the review [H] could not call this PSU better than the HX1000 but did like many of its traits; likely why it walked away from that review with another Silver Medal to show off.
"Professional Series power comes to us this time from Corsair in the form of its new HX1050. It is boasting over 1 kilowatt of solidly efficient power for the computer hardware enthusiast with a semi-modular cable system. We will see if this PSU is fit for enthusiasts and if it lives up to its efficiency statement."
Here are some more Cases & Cooling reviews from around the web:
- bequiet! Straight Power E9 CM 680 W Power Supply Review @ Hardware Secrets
- Seasonic Platinum 1000W Power Supply Review @ HardwareHeaven
- PC Power & Cooling Silencer MK III 400 W @ techPowerUp
- NZXT HALE82 850 W Power Supply Review @ Hardware Secrets
- Be Quiet! Pure Power L8 630W @ kitguru
- NZXT HALE82 750 Watt Modular Power Supply Review @ Hi Tech Legion
- Four Power Supply Units with 1200 W Capacity @ X-bit Labs
- Kilowatt of Platinum: Seasonic SS-1000XP Active PFC F3 @ X-bit Labs
- Thortech PSU Roundup 800-1200w @ XSReviews
- Seasonic Platinum 1000 Watt PSU Preview @ Madshrimps
- NZXT HALE82-850-M 850 W @ techPowerUp
- Kingwin Stryker STR-500 500W Fanless Power Supply @ Tweaktown
- Thermaltake Dr. Power II Universal ATX PSU Tester Review @ Hi Tech Legion
Get notified when we go live!