Computex 2014: Corsair Announces Hydro Series HG10 GPU Liquid Cooling Bracket

Subject: Cases and Cooling | June 2, 2014 - 04:00 AM |
Tagged: liquid cooling, gpu cooler, gpu, corsair, computex 2014

Corsair has announced their entry into the GPU liquid cooling game with the Hydro Series HG10 GPU Liquid Cooling Bracket, designed to allow the use of any Corsair Hydro Series self-contained liquid CPU cooler with a compatible graphics card.

Corsair points out that their solution not only allows advanced cooling of the GPU core via their Hydro Series coolers, but the bracket also covers the power delivery and RAM on the board for dramatically reduced temperatures from all vital components (and much greater overclocking potential).

The initial model - the HG10 “A1 Edition” - will support reference AMD Radeon R9 290/290X cards, and a version with support for the NVIDIA GeForce 770/780/780 Ti/TITAN will arrive with the “N1 Edition” later this year.

The Corsair HG10 carries a 2-year warranty and will debut this month with a list price of $39.99.

Source: Corsair
June 2, 2014 | 05:35 AM - Posted by Anonymous (not verified)

Yes! No more fooling around with heatsinks! Will it take up 3 slot in the mobo like the g10 bracket or only 2? If I can fit 2 of these on a mATX board I'm sold.

June 2, 2014 | 05:40 AM - Posted by xtelemonx (not verified)

Awesome! Was looking at a g10 but vram cooling on that is pretty crappy. The extra $10 is well worth it. I just hope the blower fan isn't notoriously loud.

June 2, 2014 | 07:11 AM - Posted by Anonymous (not verified)

that's the fan off the reference card, so yea, it's loud at high speed, but with the gpu core temps it shouldn't spin up that high.

June 2, 2014 | 06:24 AM - Posted by Anonymous (not verified)

The NZXT G10 is far more versatile. It works on most any card, not just reference. I will say for the reference cards with reference coolers this corsair offering is the way to go. Kind of odd you have to remove your reference's cards blower fan though.

June 2, 2014 | 07:12 AM - Posted by Anonymous (not verified)

it's smart. you have to remove the midplate and heatsinnk anyway. this way corsair adds a similar mid plate and doesn't have to include the cost of a fan. it's really smart.

June 2, 2014 | 07:20 AM - Posted by Anonymous (not verified)

Are you sure you have to do that with a reference Nvidia blower cooler? I thought you remove around 16 screws from the back and the whole assembly comes off.

June 2, 2014 | 08:55 AM - Posted by willmore (not verified)

Any love for the HD7850?

June 2, 2014 | 08:56 AM - Posted by Anonymous (not verified)

"SHUT UP AND TAKE MY MONEY!"

all i have to say

June 2, 2014 | 09:27 AM - Posted by Anonymous (not verified)

Is that dude, high?

June 2, 2014 | 09:49 AM - Posted by Anonymous (not verified)

Im sad. My directcu 290x wont be able to use this.

June 2, 2014 | 02:19 PM - Posted by Anonymous (not verified)

Wonder what they will do for peeps with a 780Ti Classified. Im not ready to do full water system yet.. But im tired of all the hot air my classified dumps inside my box. Gets way to hot and heats up everything else.. Will have to keep my eyes on this for future gpu's they make this for.

June 3, 2014 | 07:27 AM - Posted by zinixo1 (not verified)

I will be a very happy camper indeed if this will fit the msi 4 gb 770.

June 3, 2014 | 09:15 AM - Posted by Mitch G (not verified)

I just built a system with two gtx550ti cards both liquid cooled cores and heat sinks on the memory with a single abs cowl and 80mm pwm fan controlled off the primary cards onboard fan controller, did the cooling circuit with single 280 gph pump running split off 1/2" to twin 3/8" hoses, one to each gpu heat exchanger and to twin 120mm radiators then back to pump reservoir, with a lamptron cw611 to control it all, I see gpu temps not over 120f in bf4 and idle temps of 82f without overclock, after I get more numbers I will start to push it up and see what happens, am seeing frame rates of around 60% improvement and am not pushing all that hot air around or hearing fans howl when system loads up, cpu is 6350 with corsair h80i, don't like the noise level of the h80i so may replace it later but cpu temp idles at 50f and hits 94f at load.

June 3, 2014 | 08:12 PM - Posted by dicktrickle (not verified)

Who cares..

June 16, 2014 | 06:20 AM - Posted by Kern O'Riordan (not verified)

so off topic

June 3, 2014 | 09:23 AM - Posted by Mitch G (not verified)

the reason for that design is putting the video cards in a parallel cooling circuit not the series designs I have seen that did not make sense to me, another design fault I have noticed is to cool cpu and then gpu with hot waste from cpu.
it is bulky to do but with the rosewill armour evolution case and some modding for second radiator in base it fits and works very well. not all that hot air blowing around inside case,