Computex 2014: Corsair Announces HXi Series 80 PLUS Platinum Power Supplies
Subject: Cases and Cooling | June 2, 2014 - 07:00 AM | Sebastian Peak
Tagged: PSU, power supply, Corsair Link, corsair, computex 2014, 850W, 750w, 1000W PSU
Corsair has announced the HXi Series, successor to the well regarded HX Series of power supplies.
The three models in HXi Series are the 750 watt HX750i, 850 watt HX850i, and 1000 watt HX1000i, and each of these power supplies boast 80 PLUS Platinum efficiency certification and feature a fully modular design. Corsair is emphasising the quality of the power delivery with this release, as the HXi Series is constructed from premium components including 100% Japanese capacitors.
The units feature a “Zero RPM” fan mode that only allows the fan to spin under heavier loads, allowing operation at low and medium loads to be “virtually silent”. And when the fan is required cooling is handled by 140mm model with a fluid dynamic bearing for quiet operation. Additionally, the HXi power supplies implement Corsair’s Link software technology for device monitoring and customization.
Here are the specs from Corsair:
- 80 PLUS Platinum efficiency
- Fully modular DC cable set
- 100% Japanese electrolytic capacitors rated at 105°c
- Zero-RPM fan mode for virtually silent operation at low and medium loads
- Corsair Link support for monitoring efficiency, voltage, power output, temperature, and fan speed plus user customizable setting of rail modes and fan speed
- Fluid dynamic bearing fan
- Continuous power rated at 50° Celsius
The HXi Series will be backed by a 7-year warranty and will be available in August with the HX750i listed at $169.99, the HX850i at $189.99, and the HX1000i coming in at a suggested $229.99.
Get notified when we go live!