Check out the fan on that Shadow Rock 2
Subject: Cases and Cooling | June 12, 2014 - 12:52 PM | Jeremy Hellstrom
Tagged: bequiet!, purewings 2, shadow rock 2, air cooling
The 120mm BeQuiet PureWings 2 that comes on the Shadow Rock 2 heatsink has a unique look with ripples on all the blades and can be mounted on any side of the cooler which could be handy for those with tall DIMM heatspreaders. The heatsink weighs in just over a 1.1 kg and measures 159x122x149mm (6.25x4.8x5.8") with the fan attached which could be a tight squeeze in some systems. FrostyTech hooked it up to their testbed and found it to be a very quiet cooler, especially on the low fan setting and relatively decent performance. It is unlikely to show up on a top 10 list as it offers only reasonable performance and is quite expensive.
"In this review Frostytech is checking out the boxy BeQuiet's Shadow Rock 2 heatsink which stands 159mm tall and weighs in at 1120grams. This heatsink has a footprint of 122x122mm without a fan, 122x149mm with the supplied 1600-800rpm, 120mm PWM fan installed."
Here are some more Cases & Cooling reviews from around the web:
- Noctua NH-D15 Review @ OCC
- Cooltek ITX30 Low-Profile CPU Cooler Review @ NikKTech
- Xigmatek Midgard III Review @ OCC
- Updated NZXT Kraken X40 Liquid Cooler Review @ Frostytech
- Zalman Reserator 3 Max Dual Ultimate Liquid CPU Cooler Review @ Legit Reviews
- Fractal Design ARC XL water cooled system build @ Hardwareoverclock
Get notified when we go live!