BitFenix Aegis, Atlas, and Pandora Enclosures Shown Off at Computex 2014

Subject: Cases and Cooling | June 13, 2014 - 08:31 PM |
Tagged: enclosure, computex 2014, computex, cases, bitfenix pandora, bitfenix atlas, bitfenix aegis, bitfenix

Yes, Computex is over - and in its wake we’re still left with a ton of new product announcements. Three of these come from BitFenix, who unveiled new enclosures at their booth in Taipei last week.

The first is the BitFenix Atlas, which has incorporated some interesting design features including what they are calling “swappable chambers” and a “test-mode motherboard tray”. (Could this be an open test-bench feature?)

The design is very interesting (a bit along the lines of the Corsair Carbide Air 540), and the extra width allows for no less than ten 3.5” hard drive bays behind the motherboard tray! The Atlas also has six 2.5” bays for SSDs, and features a full array of dust filters and nifty RGB lighting.

Next we’ll look at the Aegis, a sleek minitower enclosure.

The Aegis supports micro-ATX and mini-ITX motherboards and features water cooling support and a built in fan controller. In addition to 240/280mm radiator support on the top, the Aegis also boasts 360mm radiator support up front.

Finally we have the Pandora, which in addition to streaming music (as I’ve been informed) is also apparently a PC case that looks like part of a stormtrooper’s armor.

Besides protecting imperial troops from rebel attacks, the Pandora offers a stylish take on a mini-ITX tower design and offers support for full-size ATX power supplies and (presumably) liquid cooling via two pairs of 120mm fan mounts.

No specifics on pricing or availability from BitFenix on these three new enclosures just yet, but expect them this year as they are part of the 2014 BitFenix catalog.

Source: BitFenix
June 13, 2014 | 11:15 PM - Posted by Dutch (not verified)

What's up with the milk in the tubes? It looks "utterly ridiculous!

June 13, 2014 | 11:17 PM - Posted by Dutch (not verified)

I guess it does match the theme of the case.

June 14, 2014 | 07:16 AM - Posted by Thekaidis (not verified)

Look at the fluid in the reservoir... those are just white tubes.

June 14, 2014 | 08:57 AM - Posted by Areus

Udder-ly ridiculous

June 14, 2014 | 09:08 AM - Posted by Dutch (not verified)

I stand corrected!

June 16, 2014 | 06:37 AM - Posted by S@m! (not verified)

This Aegis looks sweet! Hope they release it!

July 17, 2014 | 06:30 PM - Posted by diablosanchez

Wow I think its very cool and awesome but I think its expensive Though

August 30, 2014 | 12:56 AM - Posted by korangler (not verified)

I've heard that the Atlas will not look like the one depicted here. Different colors, less lighting and even the very specs of the shape will not be the same as shown.
It makes me feel quite pre-disappointed, but we'll have to wait a while and see what the final version will actually look like.
If it's changed too much, I guess I'll go for another CaseLabs. But, I also have a Mountain Mods Cube with nothing in it right now.
I'm just impressed with this Atlas, as is. Hopefully, they won't try and save too much money with a redesign and completely ruin the Companion Cube look.
I have a complete X99 kit assembled with no where to go at the moment.