Subject: General Tech | April 11, 2014 - 02:18 PM | Jeremy Hellstrom
Tagged: corsair, contest
Corsair is sponsoring PC DOMINATION, SPRING 2014, a system building and tuning competition for PC enthusiasts. PC Domination isn't a single contest, but more than ten separate challenges for system builders and tuners. It doesn't matter if you have a high-end or mid-range system. There's a contest for everyone to participate in! Participants will be competing to win a variety of Corsair’s top products including cases, coolers, gaming keyboards, memory, and more. The first 500 complete entries will get a FREE Corsair PC Domination T-shirt.
You can participate in the CPU tuning contest by submitting your HWBot and Cinebench benchmark scores. If you don't have the latest and greatest system, don't let that stop you from participating since there will be an award for whoever can do the most with the least. And, to keep things fun for everyone, we are not allowing sponsored professional overclockers to participate.
There are three contests:
- Intel CPU (Air Cooling or All-In-One Cooling)
- AMD CPU (Air Cooling or All-In-One Cooling)
- Custom Loop Liquid Cooling (Intel and AMD)
To participate in the GPU tuning competition, submit your 3DMark scores! Just like our CPU Tuning competition, go ahead and enter if you don't have the latest and greatest GPU as there will also be an award for whoever who can do the most with the least. It's what you can do with what you have that matters. Sponsored professional overclockers are not able to participate, sorry!
There are three contests:
- NVIDIA GPU (Air Cooling Only)
- AMD GPU (Air Cooling Only)
- Custom Loop Liquid Cooling (NVIDIA and AMD)
System Build Competition
To enter this competition, just submit photos of a system you've built. This is your chance to show off every aspect of your machine, whether it's the color scheme, amazing cable management, or just your overall awesomeness in system building!
There are three contests:
- Standard System Building (Retail Parts – No Modifications or Customizing)
- Custom Cooling System (Custom Water Loops – No Chassis Customization)
- Open System Building (Full Customization and Modification)
Subject: General Tech | March 16, 2014 - 05:48 PM | Ryan Shrout
Tagged: march madness, contest
Well, it was a heart breaking game for my University of Kentucky Wildcats, but I'm looking forward to the NCAA Men's College Basketball Tournament all the more! In the past we have run PC Perspective bracket competitions and I had a couple of requests to do the same for 2014.
If you are interested in joining the gang at PC Perspective for this years March Madness bracket challenge all you have to do is visit our CBSSports.com page and register an account. You can then make your selections and see how well you predict the college basketball landscape for the tournament.
- Visit http://www.cbssports.com/fantasy/universal
- Select "Mayhem" as the sport
- Input "pcper2014" as the league abbreviation
- Password: "gobigblue"
- Sign up for a spot!
- Pick your bracket after the selection show tonight!
- Win some stuff!
For the winners we are going to offer up some extra hardware we have here at the office BUT I haven't put together the list just yet. I'm going to be asking the other editors what we have not being used and I'll update this post as soon as we come up with a final answer.
For now though, sign up, have fun and good luck!!
(Yes, you can enter from ANYWHERE in the world for this!)
Subject: General Tech, Graphics Cards | March 11, 2014 - 09:06 PM | Ryan Shrout
Tagged: nvidia, gtx 750 ti, giveaway, geforce, contest
UPDATE: We have our winners! Congrats to the following users that submitted upgrade worthy PCs that will be shipped a free GeForce GTX 750 Ti courtesy of NVIDIA!
- D. Todorov
- C. Fogg
- K. Rowe
- K. Froehlich
- D. Aarssen
When NVIDIA launched the GeForce GTX 750 Ti this month it convinced us to give this highly efficient graphics card a chance to upgrade some off-the-shelf, under powered PCs. In a story that we published just a week ago, we were able to convert three pretty basic and pretty boring computers into impressive gaming PCs by adding in the $150 Maxwell-based graphics card.
If you missed the video we did on the upgrade process and results, check it out here.
Now we are going to give our readers the chance to do the same thing to their PCs. Do you have a computer in your home that is just not up to the task of playing the latest PC games? Then this contest is right up your alley.
Prizes: 1 of 5 GeForce GTX 750 Ti Graphics Cards
Your Task: You are going to have to do a couple of things to win one of these cards in our "Upgrade Story Giveaway." We want to make sure these cards are going to those of you that can really use it so here is what we are asking for (you can find the form to fill out right here):
- Show us your PC that is in need of an upgrade! Take a picture of your machine with this contest page on the screen or something similar and share it with us. You can use Imgur.com to upload your photo if you need some place to put it. An inside shot would be good as well. Place the URL for your image in the appropriate field in the form below.
- Show us your processor and integrated graphics that need some help! That means you can use a program like CPU-Z to view the processor in your system and then GPU-Z to show us the graphics setup. Take a screenshot of both of these programs so we can see what hardware you have that needs more power for PC gaming! Place the URL for that image in the correct field below.
- Give us your name and email address so we can contact you for more information if you win!
- Leave us a comment below to let me know why you think you should win!!
- Subscribing to our PCPer Live! mailing list or even our PCPer YouTube channel wouldn't hurt either...
That's pretty much it! We'll run this promotion for 2 weeks with a conclusion date of March 13th. That should give you plenty of time to get your entry in.
Subject: Displays | December 24, 2013 - 02:45 PM | Ryan Shrout
Tagged: vg248qe, nvidia, gsync, giveaway, g-sync, contest, asus
We have our winners!! Congratulations to the following 5 submissions and we'll have the upgrade kits on the way to you very soon.
- Lewis C.
- Levi K.
- Jonathan F.
- John G.
- Ben L.
I know that LOTS of you have been clamoring for information on how you can get your hands on one of those DIY G-Sync upgrade kits for yourself and I have some good news. Though I can't tell you where to buy one or how much it will cost, I can offer you 1 of 5 FREE G-Sync upgrade kits through a giveaway we are hosting at PC Perspective!
Here are the rules for the sweepstakes:
- You must already own an ASUS VG248QE monitor
- We need you to supply feedback on the G-Sync experience after the upgrade
- Sorry, this is only available in the US and Canada
Now, the real question is, how can you enter to win as long as you meet those above requirements? It's pretty simple!
- Fill out the form below with name and email information
- You have to include a link to a picture of your existing VG248QE monitor. Include text on it (or on a sheet of paper in the photo) that mentions this contest! Use Imgur if you need an image host.
- Leave a comment on this post that describes WHY you want G-Sync technology
- Hey, if you subscribe to our YouTube channel that won't hurt your chances either. Leave your YouTube name in the comment as well!
Our thanks goes to NVIDIA for supplying the kits and good luck to all participants! We'll pick our winners on December 23rd and have the units out by the end of the year.
Subject: General Tech | December 21, 2013 - 10:05 PM | Ryan Shrout
Tagged: video, contest, giveaway
I don't want to spoil anything, but if you haven't gone to our YouTube channel today you are missing out on one of the most interesting giveaways ever hosted at PC Perspective. Partnering with Linus Tech Tips and Hardware Canucks, you could win a prize pack that includes:
- MSI Radeon R9 290 Graphics Card
- Koolance R9 290 water block
- Caselabs Mercury S5 case with custom water cooling kit
- Intel Core i5-4670K processor
Pretty awesome, isn't it? The rules are pretty simple. Watch the video below and visit the YouTube video page for all the details!
Subject: Editorial, General Tech | November 25, 2013 - 01:02 PM | Ryan Shrout
Tagged: halloween, giveaway, gigabyte, corsair, contest
UPDATE: We have our winner!! I would like to introduce you to...The Glorious PC Gaming Master Race!
There quite a few excellent entries in both photo and video form, but this was far and away the favorite of the PC Perspective voting staff. If you would like to see some of our other favorite entries, just click here and scroll to the bottom. Thanks to everyone who participated and made our holiday at PC Perspective a humorous one. :)
If there is one holiday that I find myself getting more and more attached to as I get older, it is definitely Halloween. The opportunity to dress up like a fool and (legally) scare children and adults in your neighborhood is an occasion that should not be missed! :)
To celebrate this wonderful time of year, PC Perspective has teamed up with our friends at Corsair and Gigabyte to giveaway a collection of hardware that just about anyone would be envious of. Here is what is up for grabs:
- Corsair Graphite 230T orange case ($80)
- Corsair Hydro H80i with the LED set to orange ($87)
- Corsair Raptor K50 RGB keyboard with LED set to orange ($85)
- Corsair Raptor M40 mouse (red, but you know, close enough) ($60)
- Corsair Vengeance Pro 8GB 1600 MHz memory ($99)
- Corsair Neutron GTX 120GB SSD ($125)
- Corsair RM Series 650 watt power supply ($115)
- Gigabyte Z87X-OC Haswell-ready motherboard (orange and black) ($185)
That's more than enough hardware to get anyone started on a killer gaming rig. Just add in your Intel Core i7/i5 Haswell processor, an AMD Radeon or NVIDIA GeForce graphics card and your off and running! Maybe a Zotac GeForce card would fit the bill to maintain the orange/black theme? Total estimated value of this hardware is over $830!!
So how do you enter? We have a few ways, but you are going to have to get creative for this one. We are looking for PC Perspective readers that are able to express their nerdom and hardware fanaticism in costume form. What kind of crazy costumes do you have planned and how are they associated with gaming, or hardware or technology? Pics or it didn't happen! Here are the rules:
- We want YOUR costume and not some image you stole off Google image search. That means you are going to need to hold up a piece of paper that says "PCPer" or "PC Perspective" on when you have your snapshot taken. This prove to us that you actually read this before the photo was taken!
- You can submit your entry in a few ways, all of which are equally judged.
- Leave a photo and description on the wall of our PC Perspective Facebook page. This is probably the easiest option.
- Leave a photo and description on the wall of our PC Perspective Google+ page.
- Leave a photo link and description in the comments below.
- If you want to get really creative, you can leave a video response on our PC Perspective YouTube channel!
That's it! We will accept entries starting today and going through November 3rd (to allow for the weekend parties) so get to planning and get creative! We'll pick a few of our favorites to showcase in a news post announcing the winner then ship the hardware to our favorite. Good luck!
A huge thanks goes to Corsair for the massive amount of hardware they provided for this contest and also to Gigabyte for the Z87X-OC motherboard. If you want, you might even get bonus points if you include Corsair and Gigabyte in your entry somehow...
Subject: General Tech | October 17, 2013 - 06:35 PM | Ken Addison
Tagged: podcast, video, corsair, halloween, costume, contest, XSPC, watercooling, radiator, steam, SteamOS, Steam Controller
PC Perspective Podcast #273 - 10/17/2013
Join us this week as we discuss the Corsair 750D, a XSPC Watercooling Kit, the Steam Controller and more!
The URL for the podcast is: http://pcper.com/podcast - Share with your friends!
- iTunes - Subscribe to the podcast directly through the Store
- RSS - Subscribe through your regular RSS reader
- MP3 - Direct download link to the MP3 file
Hosts: Ryan Shrout, Jeremy Hellstrom, Josh Walrath, and Allyn Malventano
Week in Review:
This episode is brought to you by Carbonite.com! Use offer code PC for two free months!
Skylake (2015) reportedly not affected
Hardware/Software Picks of the Week:
Jeremy: CastAR Goes Live on Kickstarter
Subject: Editorial, General Tech, Graphics Cards | October 10, 2013 - 03:28 PM | Ryan Shrout
Tagged: podcast, nvidia, contest, batman arkham origins
UPDATE: We picked our winner for week 1 but now you can enter for week 2!!! See the new podcast episode listed below!!
Back in August NVIDIA announced that they would be teaming up with Warner Bros. Interactive to include copies of the upcoming Batman: Arkham Origins game with select NVIDIA GeForce graphics cards. While that's great and all, wouldn't you rather get one for free next week from PC Perspective?
Great, you're in luck! We have a handful of keys to give out to listeners and viewers of the PC Perspective Podcast. Here's how you enter:
- Listen to or watch episode #272 of the PC Perspective Podcast and listen for the "secret phrase" as mentioned in the show!
- Subscribe to our RSS feed for the podcast or subscribe to our YouTube channel.
- Fill out the form at the bottom of this podcast page with the "secret phrase" and you're entered!
I'll draw a winner before the next podcast and announce it on the show! We'll giveaway one copy each of the next two weeks! Our thanks goes to NVIDIA for supplying the Batman: Arkham Origins keys for this contest!!
No restrictions on winning, so good luck!!
Subject: Graphics Cards | August 14, 2013 - 06:03 PM | Ryan Shrout
Tagged: sweepstakes, sli, nvidia, giveaway, evga, contest
UPDATE: Winners have been selected and contacted - if you weren't one of the five winners check back for more contests and giveaways!! Thanks for listening!!
While at Quakecon this year EVGA showed off its new collection of Pro SLI Bridges that add a bit of sexy to any NVIDIA multi-GPU system. These are much more than just the standard SLI bridge that you know of today: they are sleek, have a brushed metal finish and if you have GTX 700-series or TITAN graphics card, they light up as well!
Because EVGA is a big supporter of PC Perpsective, they are sending over a handful of the 3-Way Pro SLI Bridges (that can also be used in 2-Way configurations) to give away to our readers.
How can you win one of the five free units that EVGA sent us?
- Fill out the form below with the requested information.
Listen to this week's (Episode #264) PC Perspective Podcast (live or after the fact) and I'll give you the code word to include in the form below.
- You can download or watch the podcast right here: http://pcper.com/podcast
That's it!! You can win anywhere in the world and our winners will be randomly picked from the submissions we receive no later than the 20th of August at 6pm ET.
A big thanks goes to EVGA for providing these units!!